or Connect

Posts by hroeder

Has anyone seen this problem from a non-end zone camera? As I said above I saw it on the USC game for the first time. The two shots I saw on ESPN yesterday, which replayed similar angles did not seem to have the same strobe effect. Some of the technical people here might answer whether or not this is a result of lights shining on the white lines through the camera lense when they are at a certain angle? It seemed to me that it was almost always on long...
Just to be clear: the Hitachi does not stretch unless it is told to stretch. It is set for 16x9 Standard. I'm sure these are widescreen and non-anamorphic. That said, your 3.5:1 image sounds about right.
What I saw last night were yard lines breaking up with a certain high angle camera shot. Mostly end zone camera. Looked exactly like the photos that were posted yesterday. Looked to me like a light reflection problem. Or something to do with the angle of the camera. It almost seemed like the production crew was aware of what I was seeing, because they wouldn't stay with that shot but for a second or two. Did not see anything wrong with player shots or other...
As Eyleron indicated I am seeing a picture that is in aspect. It isn't squished. It isn't stretched. I do pay attention to aspect ratio. With hundreds of dvds in my collection I've never noticed this before. I don't mind minor bars of a 2.35:1 aspect. But this is more like a cinerama screen width. The height of the visible image is that small. As I said above, about a third of the screen is image. If this is a THX certification issue that the entire super...
DrDon: I'm running 1080i on all HD channels. I have an Hitachi 50v500a. . .lcd projection. DVI input direct from the cable box. Did anyone else enjoy the peacocks on Vegas last night? Someone at WLW obviously forgot to play the local commercials.
OK, jim and company. Certainly if that's what I saw I'd be an upset viewer. I don't see it with my cable connection. . .truly. Haven't seen that kind of image in HD on any channel. Does over the air contribute somehow? Is Insight getting a direct feed?
You've got it J.H. I'm just going to have to replace what I thought were collectibles. Oh well, that's what we get for being early adapters.
smithb sounds like has explained it. Rather a silly way to record a film, though. Guess I'll have to replace them. . .
Marc, I've looked at your links. This is not a normal image. I know how to use the Zenith's zoom. I don't zoom on wide screen material. If it were the standard widescreen format, even with bars, I'd see no problem. I prefer wide screen. What I'm seeing with these discs is an extremely narrow wide screen image in perfect aspect ratio, within itself. As I've played all 4 of these dvd's previously, this was not something previously noted. They are not the...
The Hitachi is a 50" wide screen HDTV. I have several hundred DVDs. I'm familiar with wide screen, full screen, 1.85, etc. These particular dvd's produced a wide screen image with extremely tall black bars top and bottom. This is not just standard Widescreen black bars. My question is: Has anyone else experienced this? Older DVDs. Both THX certified. But when played via the new DVD player and on the new set the aspect ratio is extremely wide screen. As I...