or Connect

Posts by Mkellyvich

Bass sounds tight and clean when playing in surround with Audyssey engaged. I watched "A Good Day to Die Hard" last week - the explosions were tight, clean transients. Sounded just like the car bombs in Baghdad.Full disclosure: I'm running this setup on a Denon 5805, which has Muti-EQ XT and allows three subs, and have an SVS 10" ported sub at the back of the room behind the rear row of seats. You should be able to run your 7008 with the DefTechs fed from one subwoofer...
klh1790, I have Triton 2 speakers with integrated powered subs like your DefTechs (believe they're designed by the same guy). I set them up as front left/right, and connected the receiver's sub outs to the speakers. I ran the receiver's auto-setup a couple of times, adjusting the speaker's subwoofer volume control each time until Audyssey set the front speaker crossover level at about 40-50 hz and the Audyssey sub trim was set near 0db. For 2-channel music I run analog...
Did one of the firmware updates change the 105's 3D behavior? Last night I put in Star Trek Into Darkness 3D and received a message that my system wasn't capable of 3D. Tried the few other 3D discs I have with the same result. My setup is splitAV, with HDMI PCM audio into an older (non-3D) Denon receiver and HDMI video direct to a 3D-compatible JVC projector. Previously (maybe 6 months ago) I was able to play 3D with the 105 in "Auto" 3D mode. Last night I had to...
I used the NJ center to do mine in 2007 - it was $1000 plus another $200 to ship the unit insured. It was worth it at the time. Today, I'd probably think hard about what $1200 can buy in the way of receivers - might be better to get one of the newer Denon or Marantz units with MultiEQ XT32. That said, I still use my 5805 about every day and love it. Mike
RickPas, Check the subwoofer level on your Triton 2s. If you have an SPL meter, set the Triton's subwoofer control on each speaker per the instructions in the Audyssey thread, then run Audyssey. I have Triton 2s - the first time I ran Audyssey the crossovers were much higher than expected - after following the instructions in the Audyssey thread to preset the Triton's sub gain Audyssey set the crossovers at much more reasonable levels. Receiver is a Denon 5805, MultiEQ...
My 5805 is the original version (not Mk2) with the upgrade. I've used it for 1080p with a Pio 6020 and with a JVC RS45, never had any handshake issues. Cheers, Mike
My 5805 network card went flakey in the last couple of years as well. Watching the lights on the switch or router you can see it trying to connect. Periodically it will connect for a few hours, but the problem always comes back. Internet radio still worked on my unit a few months ago during one of the (brief) periods when the network card was working. Network connectivity on the 5805 was always more of a curiosity than a desired feature for me - fun to play with, but I...
Excellent! Secondary zone preamps appear to by dying in my Denon 5805 and the SR8000 doesn't power secondary zones. Now the decision will be whether to go for the digital multizone on the SR7008 or the more robust power/dacs/secondary HD capabilities of the Denon 4250.
Reviving an old thread, hope some of the long-time owners can help with my AVR-5805 issue. The pre-amp outs for zones 2, 3, and 4 have developed very audible noise (static like rushing water that increases as volume is increased), make a distinct low-level mid-frequency thumping sound when the volume is adjusted, and make an audible pop when the relays click in upon powerup. The problem is evident both when powered by the receivers on-board amps and when powered by a...
Any insight when these receivers will become available? Amazon has the SR7008 listed, but the page shows available in 3-7 months!