or Connect

Posts by Evil4blue

If you want a TV for gaming, you need to look at the response time of the TV's. You're input lag will be directly tied to that, not the refresh rate of the TV. Like you've seen, gaming consoles output 60hz, so any TV over 60hz is fine for displaying the output of a ps3 or xbox. Some TV's have really slow response times and that's what causes input lag and ghosting. I'm not 100% sure what the 7600's response time is, but I thought I read 5 ms. If this TV is too slow...
Ok, I'm no expert on this subject, but let me give you my understanding. Broadcast TV is mostly ~30fps, sporting events are normally broadcast at 60fps, Blurays normally run either 24fps or 60fps. I know there are exceptions to what I just wrote, but this should cover the vast majority of film/broadcast/sports.Your TV has a native refresh rate of 120hz (or 120fps if you'd like) so it is creating 1 frame for every real frame of video (60fps) and does this by either frame...
The banner is showing you the source resolution and refresh rate, not that of the TV Panel. I thought I read that the naitive refresh rate on this TV was 120hz and TruMotion interpolates to 240hz. Either way, if you want to get the "effect" of 240hz, turn on TruMotion in your menu. That being said, TruMotion won't help input lag, it should only make it worse because of the extra processing.Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks, This should make for some interesting reading.
I appreciate you saving me from myself, but I'd still like to at least know the address of this firmware server. Thanks
Just curious, I see some are talking about a new firmware and an "alternate" server...can someone point me to this mythical server so I can download this magical firmware. I seem to be stuck on 4.02.85. Thx!
Well, I tried different outlets, different speakers and wires, and plugged in some headphones. I hear the hum in all accounts. This is with and without sources connected. The hum does get louder when I crank the volume, but can also me heard at -30db. The frequency sounds higher than 60hz, maybe around 100hz and I don't hear it on an older receiver I own when put in place of the 2312. I think the 2312 is toast...it was a refurb afterall. Sucks, but I think I'll be...
Hey guys, I got a little problem and would like some input. I'm in the process of setting up a small viewing/listening system in our bonus room and picked up a refurbed (by Denon) AVR-2312ci for a song. My problem is I'm getting a hum through my speakers. I've done some research and it sounds like a Ground Loop problem, but I can seem to isolate it. Right now, all I have plugged in is a Directv DVR, the Denon, and an LG LED TV. I don't have a sub right now and only...
Thanks, I'll check it out. It was about 10pm yesterday when I finally got everything tidied up and installed, so I have maybe an hour with the TV...I probably won't ever crack the manual anyway, but it definitely didn't have time last night to figure it out. As for the 24P mode question, I guess I'm used to the way Samsung does things. I've owned 4 Sammy's over the last 10 years and all of them display the current resolution when switching signals...and I think I just...
Hey guys, new owner here. I just hung the 47" version in my bonus room last night and haven't really gotten to play with it too much. I do notice some flash lighting and clouding, and it's somewhat worse than our main TV (Samsung UN55D7000), but my Sammy has been a peach of a TV, I got a really nice sample. Anyway, what my real question is, is there any way to turn off or control TruMotion while watching shared content? What I mean is, I have a 12TB media server filled...