or Connect

Posts by flint350

Terrific episode and lots of surprises.  Probably the best written/acted series on the nets and right up there with some of the better cable shows.  (Recall when that trend used to be reversed?)
I think we agree but you seem to think I meant something else.  I like Strike Back the same way I like Bond and willingly check my brain at the door over the entertaining miracles.  Burn Notice did not inspire that kind of enjoyment in its last seasons.  Strike Back is exciting and "stuffs gonna 'splode".
Yes he did, you didn't.  Also, IMO, the cell phone setup remains dumb and would never happen as shown and a much easier example could have been written to present the point they wanted.
To me, the show has been a better written, acted and budgeted version of Burn Notice.  Many of the same miracles to save the day and implausible plot points like the airplane chase on the "US Air Force Base" - almost as unsecured as CTU at "24"!  But, the overall story and actors are at movie scale and cinematic quality and I much prefer this (cartoon style and all) to the way Burn Notice went.  It's almost like the James Bond movies - you know going in that some of this...
I thought it was pretty good and have finally gotten over the fact that every important case in NYPD luckily falls into the lap of the 3 Reagans (no family story otherwise, to be sure).  The downer for me was the ridiculous way in which they threatened the career of the female partner over the cell phone.  No way on God's green Earth that would have unfolded like that.  It would have been so simple to write something much closer to reality than that cell phone incident. ...
They sure know how to keep up a frantic pace with interesting plots all around.  The return of Carrie Preston is always welcome and the coming divisive situations are going to be fun to watch.  The one 'weak' spot for me has been the quickly dissolving group of 4th years and their new firm.  For some folks so deeply committed to their principles and goals, they are already justifying basic theft and arguing over $$$ and how to split it up.  Surely Alicia will not really...
For some reason, I continue to watch.  But, I find none of these people very interesting and don't really care much who wins from this group.  It's pretty obvious a few who have no chance at all and for the rest, meh.  Added to that, no eye candy at all either. 
I like this show a lot and continue to enjoy it, despite the weekly save vs sinister backstory interchange.  My problem with this latest ep was that it was not very good just from a story angle.  The whole did she/didn't she line and the plot itself, along with the actress (from Episodes, if I'm not mistaken) were boring and dumb.  A good save-of-the-week or backstory branch are great - this one wasn't.  To me, it's not the central theme, it's the writing/plot.  But, Bear...
I've long been a Patinkin fan, from his Broadway/singing days to his (somewhat bipolar) acting career that followed.  He was always a joy to hear singing and his acting is often intense and intensely fun.  However, he tends to throw himself into these intense characters and then burn out just as the character reaches maximum interest.  This is followed by his leaving the show behind to "be with the family" or some such.  Chicago Hope's Dr. Jeffrey Geiger is my prime...
I must agree with the sentiment that the show appears to have lost a step so far this season, especially this latest episode with Mitchel in the ventilation shaft and Cam's cat funeral.  There are still the occasional great one-liners and ensemble setups, but fewer.  Ty Burrell is always good for a laugh and is the gem of this show for me.  Hoping it finds its stride again.