or Connect

Posts by mlx52

My beloved Panasonic RAP-91 has, or what seems like has arrived at the end of its life. Everytime anyone in my family tries to watch a DVD (brand new, blockbuster rental, etc) about 2/3 through the movie it begins to macroblock/freeze and the movie is very hard to finish. Sometimes taking the disc out and allowing it to cool for a few minutes helps, but this is getting quite annoying. Number one, has anyone experienced this with their 91? Number two, what would be a...
I will be expanding cable tv throughout my house and being the "do-it-yourselfer" I have decided that I am going to do it myself (which means that I will string the cable and then screw something up and end up calling someone). However, I need to buy about 500 feet of RG-6 cable and have no idea what I am looking for when I am buying it. Can someone give me a link or a source for high quality coax cable that is going to be compatible with the existing coax that is...
Unfortunately, bad analog quality is one of the problems with the 6412 box, it lies within the software for the analog decoders. This problem, however, will be eliminated when Comcast begins to roll out Digital Simulcast in the area, unfortunately, no one knows exact dates as to when this is going to happen. In the mean time, if your Panny has a cable card slot you might want to think about using that for the analog channels, since it does not carry a monthly charge.
Comcast defiantly compresses their signal. Have you ever looked at some of the digital channels (Multiplex's of HBO, or Starz). You can often see compression artifacts, and color depth is well below what it actually should be. I often compare the quality to that of a VHS. Hopefully, if Comcast does begin to simulcast the analog channels in digital they keep them at broadcast quality, otherwise I will be looking at just having my DirecTV system active. While I realize...
I agree, I have found that on many of my digital channels color depth and accuracy is sorely lacking. It is interesting to note, however, that DirecTV's channels (including the Chicago locals) have much better color depth and accuracy and the images seem to be much more vivid. Why can't Comcast get close to this, is it simply because they are compressing the signal too much? I know that it is possible to get the colors because when my son watches MTV Hits (472) the...
Here is plug for a simulcast of the analog's
Does anyone know which headend Winnetka is fed off of?
Thanks for the help! I will look at the 32inch model for the replacement of the 27, and the 37inch for the replacement of the 32. Thanks again
OK, so here is what I am thinking, based on the fact that Sharp seems to be the way to go, although I will have to demo them first. In the Kitchen and in the Bathroom Sharp - LC-13B6U-S Replacement for the 27inch TV (can't tell the difference between the model #'s) Sharp - LC-26GD4U Sharp - LC-26GA5U Sharp - LC-26GA4U Replacement for the 32inch TV Sharp - LC-32GD4U Sharp - LC-32G4U I can't really tell the difference between each one of those models. Does...
anyone?