or Connect

Posts by dcheney

Nicely put sir.Darrell CheneyWRIC TV
WRIC has been working over the past four weeks methodically to get over the air signals back on air with as much power as possible given the situation with the standby antennas that are in place for all 5 stations at this point. You just cannot climb up and pull these two main antennas without making sure there are no safety issues that could cause a more catastrophic failure where the towers come down. The tower crew that has been on site for a month now are in the...
Anybody posting on this forum?
Folks, This is the first time I have seen any complaints about the syndication not looking correct. We did switch over to a new master control automation in late April which included new transcoding systems for the ingest of syndication using a new server from Elemental which we have a new version of the software that is going to be installed here the first of next week but in the meantime I will take a look at the configuration of this server and talk with the tech...
I live in the Enon area and the DVR services are not accessable as well. Comcast is reporting the outage but no time for restoration of services for DVRs.
Michael, The transmitter tube that went out is probably simular to the tube that died on us last year which cost us near $30,000 to replace so having a spare tube on hand is not like having spare wiper blades or belts for your car. Most broadcasters just do not have the budgeting to have a tube sit on the shelf. Besides it is not a good thing to have a klystron tube sitting on the tube for an extended period of time anyway. When we installed our transmitter it had...
No word from the corporate side for WRIC yet. I do not have any updates but with WTVR moving to HD there will be a decision made. Remember that the parent company Young Broadcasting is still in Chapter 11 and not clear from that yet so that may be playing a factor in the station's plans.
Andrew, Weather crawls and EAS test are all now in HD but I am getting ready to start testing with the lower school closings crawls. That is the last item we need to bridge over to HD now. Darrell Cheney WRIC TV
Hey folks, Now that we have been expanding our local syncidation shows into HD has anyone had any issues with the feeds on the viewer's end. A little feedback would be nice to make sure we are not overlooking anything on our side. To date we are running the following programs in HD: Daytime Jeopardy Ophra Wheel of Fortune Jeopardy Law and Order Boston Legal Stargate Atlantis Wheel Weekend Jeopardy Weekend Starting this weekend CSI NY and on Monday CBN will...
Great, thanks. We are still having some growing pains with the satellite ingest so there will be some gaps in the programming in HD. So please bear with us as we get the operators used to taking in these shows via a different method than the normal method that has been in place for many years now. As more programs become available to us in HD we will expand but the shows I mentioned before will be in HD as we continue our efforts for the future. News will take some more...