or Connect

Posts by joeracerx

I installed the latest f/w update earlier this week and now I'm seeing an odd thing when using Netflix or Amazon VOD, etc. Pull up the queue and select a movie. The screen goes dark, except there's kind of a ghost effect on the screen where the movies were displayed. Not a big deal in itself but this ghost persists after the movie starts. Am I the only one that is seeing this? Using Netflix on my web enabled TV doesn't show the same effect and it's not happening...
The game was not blacked out on 764 last night, so no problem when using the Cox/Motorola box.
It all makes for an interesting conversation. I manage the engineering test department for a company that make adapter boards for enterprise level servers. I can tell you that even at this level every design takes costs and time-to-market into consideration. The pressure on consumer products is even higher. To stop and redesign even just the mounting location of a single board like the one in the 606 could kill the product due to NRE costs or by delaying the release. But...
Obviously not having the flaw to begin with is ideal. However, if your criteria for purchasing from a company is that all their products must be flawless, everytime, you may have difficulty finding that in the real world of moderately priced consumer electronics. I find a company's response to a problem like this almost as important as the initial quality. I had a problem with a Samsung LCD TV that was a design issue. There final solution was to buy back the TV from me. I...
I see posts from people saying they'll never buy from Onkyo again due to the HDMI issue. I'm not an audio expert but the general opinion seems to be that Onkyo receivers tend to have very good sound. Onkyo has a two year warranty when most only have one year or less. They seem to be doing a make-good on this particular issue by repairing units even after the warranty has expired. They seemed to have fixed the underlying design issue. Man, what else do people want Onkyo to...
I was not "ranting". I did an objective analysis of data provided by Consumer Reports based on direct feedback from the owners of LCD TV's. At no point did I deny that Samsung TV's fail or that when they do they often fail with power supply issues. I also pointed out that capacitor issues were a known issue with other electronic manufacturers as well. The point I was trying to make was that the chance of having this failure are, based on facts rather than Internet myth,...
I think the basic answer to your question is, you don't need a dongle because the S570 has a wireless device built in. As joekrusta said, just go into the network set up menu and follow the directions, you don't need to connect anything to the player. If I'm misreading your question, just ignore me.
Quote: Originally Posted by JukeBox360 A "wise man" gets the point! Yes, last night I tried explaining quantum physics to a box of rocks. The sensation of déjÃ* vu was overwhelming.
Edited to remove my response because it is clearly a complete waste of time.
I'm not trying to beat up on you personally but this is just classic Internet nonsense. You make a statement that "Sadly this seems to happen on all Samsung sets." and "It doesn't happen to everyone. Just to most people." This has the affect of getting people who own this TV very concerned about its reliability. However, a review of the data provided by Consumer Reports based on feedback from thousands of owners shows that something less than 1% of Samsung owners will...