or Connect

Posts by joeracerx

I'm in San Clemente and antennaweb.org had the same antenna recommendation for me. I decided to get a indoor antenna (Silver Sensor) just to see if I could get any UHF signal at all. Despite being in a valley that doesn't appear to have a line of site to the transmitters, I got a perfectly clear picture on channel 28 on the first floor of my house. This was in the middle of the kitchen. I then went to Circuit City and bought a HDTV receiver and hooked it up (Zenith...
I have a friend that works at Cox Orange County and she says the same. After all the delays, they first said they were going to have it back in September, I decided to see if had any chance of getting OTA. Checking antennaweb.org told me I needed a medium, amplified outdoor antenna. I went to Circuit City and picked up a Silver Sensor just to see if there was any hope at all. I hooked it up to a 9" TV in the kitchen. As expected, nothing. I'm in a valley in San...
tchills: Yes, the lines I've seen are flickering on all the sets I've looked at. The best way to see them is to put the TV in 4X3 mode and look at the grey bars generated on the sides. In the middle of the bar everything is a nice even grey. As you move toward the top or bottom these faint darker horizontal lines are visible. They flicker in and out of existance. If you get more then a few feet away they a hard to see. This sounds different from what you and the...
I can't tell you what causes it but I seem to have them too. They were there OOB. I've been debating if I should log a service call. I also saw someone on another forum complain about this. I have a Panasonic 56WX42. The lines I see are faint horizontal lines, more visible in the corners. They are moving/flickering. They affect vertical images such as text but as you say, the best way to see them is with a solid, light image on the screen. I checked the units...