or Connect

Posts by joeracerx

Dude, don't be hate'n! jukebox360 is just this dude, ya-know and he's,,, enthusiastic.
I actually had a contact in the quality department at the Samsung factory in Mexico. I told him the issue I was having and I offered him the opportunity to troubleshoot my TV since there seemed to be a number of people having this issue. Coming from a computer engineering background I know how useful it can be to get your hands on a defective field unit like this. He sent two field engineers to my house, I live about two hours North of the Mexican border, and they were...
In that case, getting your greyscale and color system fully calibrated with a meter is going to really impress you.
Seeing this in San Clemente. I also have another issue that I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing. I will tune to a 7xx channel and the sound will be there but not the picture. If I hit the record button and then stop, the picture comes back! Is this just me or is anyone else experiencing this?
There is a really good chance you won't like the way the TV looks after it is calibrated. I suggest using my settings and see what you think before you spend any money. At a minimum, set the mode to Movie, color tone to Warm2, contrast to 85, brightness to 45 and backlight to 5. Now watch the TV with these settings for at least a few days. Then set your TV back to the way it was before. If you absolutely HATE the way the TV looks with the old settings because the colors...
The circuit board in your TV that controls the backlight is bad, you will need to call Samsung for service. Firmware updates will not affect this problem. Version 1009 of the firmware is known to fix the crop-circle problem. Some people have downloaded version 1010 to their TV but no one knows what this version fixes/changes yet.
Initially I used the X-Rite Eye-One LT along with the software, guide and calibration disc I put in my post. I did a calibration with that and was very happy with the results. I then had an opportunity to borrow a friend's Chroma5 meter along with the Calman software to run it. Fundamentally this is the same procedure, just a different model of sensor and slightly different user interface than the original set up I used. The reason I wanted to use this Chroma5 is because...
I agree with you, you shouldn't need to calibrate a TV that has a MSRP of over $4,000. However, the reality is that out of the box, any TV you buy is not spot on when it comes to its accuracy. Refusing to fix this and continuing to watch a TV that isn't accurate is one solution. It isn't the solution I choose. To each his own. A slightly different view of this is, this TV doesn't really need a calibration in the traditional sense. It just needs the user level adjustments...
Cool, glad to hear my settings worked for you. Bayareakirk, in comparing some of the other settings on the calibration forum I noticed some people had significantly different red gain in their calibration than myself and some others. I think that there are two different base settings that came out of the factory. One that requires a lot of red to be added to the greyscale and one that didn't (WRG in the 40's vs. the 20's). It sounds like yours has the one that doesn't want...
Yes, you have a defective TV and you need to have Samsung fix it. Please look up my previous posts on this subject for more details.