or Connect

Posts by joeracerx

Here's what I want to know. If you hit the above sequence you get into the service menu. If you hit Mute, 1, 8, 4 you can override your V-chip (page 26 of the owner's manual, make sure you hide the manual from the kids). Anyone willing to try 1,8,1 1,8,3 1,8,5 and let us know what happens? Maybe someone who is about to return theirs?
The light bleed you describe is usually referred to as halo and is unique to local dimming displays. It comes and goes and moves around the display depending on what the picture information is. Flashlighting is always present and it refers to light that bleeds out of the corners in a flashlight (V shape) pattern. I've noticed the lighter sides on my TV. So far the only time I've seen it is when my cable box switches into a screen saver mode because the picture has been...
You're probably going to get better information at the owner's forum rather than here in the calibration forum: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...187889&page=55 I think that number means you are either getting a 60hz video signal or a 24hz film signal. Nothing to do with the 240hz LCD panel frequency.
Here, only 13 pages to go through. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1204732
Thanks for the feedback, glad it looks good for you.
I think there may be a couple of different "base" settings on this TV from the factory. I notice that several people, such as Yahoo, have their white balance boosted with blue while others such as myself have red boosted. Since your TV looks too blue with Yahoo's blue boosted settings, I suggest you try mine and see if that looks better. If so, you probably have one of the units like mine that needs more red in its greyscale. White Balance WRO: 25 WGO: 25 WBO: 23 WRG:...
Here are my settings. I've had my 8500 a couple weeks now and out of the box it looked pretty good. I set it to Movie mode and Warm2. I was able to confirm with a Chroma5 meter and Calman software that this was the closest to 65K and the CMS was not too far off. But of course, tweaking can always improve things. Or completely screw it up, which I did a couple of times until I figured out the software. It turns out that if the software thinks it's looking at a 75% color...
I created this document to help keep track of the settings on my Samsung when I'm calibrating it so I thought I'd put this on here in case anyone will find it helpful. Nothing terribly fancy but I find it useful.  
I created this document to help keep track of the settings on my Samsung when I'm calibrating it so I thought I'd put this on here in case anyone will find it helpful. Nothing terribly fancy but I find it useful.  
Completely, totally and irrecoverably screw up their TV. Really. Now let me tell you the really bad thing that can happen. You could be voiding your warranty. If you screw up the TV and you call Samsung for service there's a very good chance the service person will be able to tell it was because you went into the service menu and they might charge you for the service call. Samsung then may void the rest of your warranty. Whether or not they are allowed to do this is...