or Connect

Posts by artseattle

As usual, this forum is amazing. After several months of dealing with poor black levels on my Roku3, it takes 12 hours for someone to solve the problem. Thanks to avf5 and apw2607. I dove down into the HDMI menu of my Panasonic TV and found a control for the RGB range for each HDMI input. It was set on "non-standard." I think I followed someone's recommended tweaks for this TV from another forum. As soon as I switched it back to Auto, you could see the picture...
Black Level not as dark with Roku 3!??? I'm not sure what the correct technical terminology is but: I have streaming on 3 different devices, two running through my Pioneer Receiver to the TV and one is built in to my Panasonic Plasma TV. I use HDMI cables for everything. I've noticed that the black level on all of the channels on my Roku 3 is lighter than it is on my Blu-Ray Panasonic Player or the built-in streaming. I like using the Roku 3 because of the speed...
When I called the Comcast # to activate the box, the tech had to send a signal to the box 3 times. The light was blinking 2 short blinks until the 3rd time took. No problems yet. Art
HD DTA now available! This probably has already been discussed but... I stopped by the Comcast Center on Stone Way today and picked up two HD DTA's to replace my old SD DTA's. The monthly fee of $1.99 per month for each is the same as for the SD box. I didn't have to pay anything extra because I already have an HD package that comes with my Triple Play with HD DVR. I'm guessing that they'll charge an HD technology fee if you don't have any other HD service. For those...
Headphone Jack Problem If I'm watching a movie in DD+, my headphone jack does not work. If I stick to "stereo" they work fine. I've got the Roku 3 set for Surround Sound. The Roku 3 goes directly into my Pioneer receiver. While watching a movie on VUDU in HDX, it streams in DD+ to my receiver. If I plug in a headset, nothing happens. If I plug in the headset before starting the movie, the sound is streamed in PCM and the headsets work. On Amazon, with a movie in...
I'm surprised that the Blu-ray sound is just 2.0. I'm torn between watching my DVR HD recording which has Dolby Digital sound and the Blu-ray with the 2.0. The downside of the DVR version is that PBS logo! I've changed the output of my blu-ray player to PCM so that I can use my receiver to "fake" a 5.1 sound but it just doesn't sound as good as the broadcast 5.1. What are others doing? I'm also not sure which version is more complete. I noticed that the Blu-ray...
RE: Using Netflix, etc through GT. I just received my GT50 and love it so far. Thanks to everyone here for the information. I've been curious about the streaming service through the TV versus that through Roku and my Panasonic BDT-210. The only benefit I've found so far to the built-in Viera Connect is the quick speed in loading pages and pictures. It is noticeable quicker than either my Roku or Blu-ray player. However: a) GT50 and Blu-Ray both do not pass through...
Currently, I use my 1st Gen, Roku Box to stream Amazon On Demand in 5.1 and my Panasonic DVD 210 for Netflix in DD+ and VUDU in DD+. The Panasonic DVD player does not pass through Amazon in 5.1. Can somewhere check to see what the new 2012 Panasonic Plasma's pass through? I understand that I'll probably be using an optical cable to connect the audio out from the TV to my receiver since my receiver does not support ARC. Specifically, I'd like to know what is the...
Thanks for the advice. I think I'd better give it the heave ho. I'm hoping I can unload it somehow and not send it to the recycling heap.
After enjoying this TV for over ten years, I'm finally going to give it up with its stand and go Plasma. Does anyone have any ideas for "passing it on"? The store where I'm buying my Plasma will take it away but I feel bad about sending it to the landfill. My main problem is that my house is 40 stairs up from the street. I think the two huge guys who delivered it wore harnesses and brought it up after taking it out of the box. I'm a little worried about giving it...