or Connect

Posts by SabreOfSD

I'm curious as well! Seems like a good deal!
I just noticed Newegg has the Polk 75T on sale for $209/ea. How would the a360's compare?
Hey all, I'm building out a 2.1 system for a weekend house. The room is terrible for HT, but it's what I have to work with. 3 story ceilings, lot's of glass, etc. I almost pulled the trigger on a set of Polk Audio RTI A5's at Newegg for 40% off, but then they didn't have a pair to sell me because I waited too long I might wait to see if they get more in. I've been looking at the Denon 1713 to drive whatever speakers I get, but that is open to debate as well...
Quote: Originally Posted by SabreOfSD Just called since I have a nice 6" shadow on the right hand side of my HL-S6187W. Here are the steps that I took: - Called 1-800-SAMSUNG, Option 1, Option 1 - Said that I had a HL-S6187W and that the light tunnel had collapsed. - They asked me for my contact info (phone # and address) as well as my TV's serial number - The gave me a transaction number and transfered me to TV customer care - I repeated that my...
Quote: Originally Posted by liftedv10 Any other people from Md in here? I'm from VA (Springfield) and you can check my experience above. Hopefully you get the same guy, he was great!
Duh! This is definitely what I should have recommended...
Don't take my opinion as the last word (there are people on here with vastly more experience than I). You are correct that the 4806 will not decode DTS-HD or Dolby True HD, but I believe the 4806 is much better at producing quality audio for all the other encoding types than the BDP-93. Then again, if you really have blue-rays that take advantage of those formats, by all means use the BDP-93. On the video side of things, I don't think you'll loose anything by going from...
Hey Robert, I would use the HDMI output from the BDP-93 to the 4806. That will carry both digital video and audio to the 4806 using a single cable.
What (small) receiver would be able to stream my music over Wifi from my media server? I'm familiar with the Denon line, but I don't see anything that fits the bill in it. They have one that is Internet/Ipod enabled, but it doesn't say that it can stream locally hosted content.
Hello collective, I am presently going through a remodel and have had two Monoprice 4101's installed in the ceiling. I am 99% sure I'll be buying a Squeezebox Touch to stream music to them. What amp would you all recommend? I was honestly thinking of going to a tube amp since some of the smaller units now sound as good as the their Solid State brothers. Also, this will be on display, so something nice looking would be a plus My price range is >$300. Thanks...