or Connect

Posts by Plasma George

I blackened (paint) all the shiny white vapor barrier on teh screen wall and the one side, made a great improvement to the image watching the Flyers lose last night ....just knocking down the reflections and white our eyes perceive without all that white. I will take up painting the screen, should be low cost and quick.
Thanks for responding, it is a nice Samsung A800, 1080p, HDMI connections, but we do lose resolution and contrast zooming that big...but it is cool for some material. Can you point me to where I can find the mixes to make RS-MaxxMudd Standard...or Silver Fire ? I'm not opposed, cause it's been a few years since my Black Widow screen, and BW was phenominal with the ability to show darks, and still pop contrast with the aluminum flakes.....but this is a bigger screen,...
Hey All, Been a year or more since I posted, but I figure I'm back since I moved and will be doing a new Theater eventually when I find a big pile of money. Until then, I have the PJ setup in the unfinished basement, some Joann Fabrics black sheets hanging on the sides and a giant white sheet hanging against the unfinished wall, where the builder has insulation + glossy white vapor barrier. I was getting some bad light reflections at first so I painted behind the white...
What are your guys opinions on the UN55ES6100 compared to ours ? That's what I wanted, then I saw the 6500 for $100 more...3D and 480 CMR (gotta figure that's better). PS3 Call of Duty was pretty amazing, maybe the best 3D I've seen in a home, and we're looking forward to see a real 3D movie. What about the headaches ? We were al getting them after 10 minutes and my kid askied to put it back to 2D.
So after reading all about the Sammy's, and having 2 Sammy projectors in my Theater (720p now 1080p), I settled on this UN55ES6500. After my first ED plasm back in 2002, I've owned every TV technology, but this is my first jump in LED. $1,597 out the door, with an extra pair of 3D glasses....gotta love no tax Delaware. I don't understand what back backlighting is for....is it just another brightness control ? As far as settings, I took the color from 50 to 30 (made the...
My first Infocus 4805 I almost got 3000hrs in this exact setup. The Samsung 710 almost got to 2000hrs on the first bulb, then only 500hrs on the 2nd (I think it was defective) and the 3rd about 1000hrs until the shutdown issues where Samsung gave me this one. When I first got my Infocus 4805, this was a hot topic with the home automation. The gurus over there were saying it was actually BETTER for the bulb life for the hard shutdown. The explanation was, this SLOWS...
So I put it in the soffit, took off the little feet and removed my screen that was off the wall about 5 inches and put it directly on the wall. The result. Almost 0 keystoning and an image that's about 1" short all around. In taking down the old one, I cracked the corner. So I ordered another 5x10 sheet of Designer White laminate to do another screen. I also have to do a new paint job, figure out how to put it up on a wall without disturbing the paint job, and then...
Thanks for the ideas. So I know AVS guys are not BW fans, but I gotta say after many paint jobs on my screen, probably 5 different mixes, 15 coats....BW was the homerun, and has been for 3+ years now. Incredible light tolerance is a must watching mostly sports and gaming. Dark enough that it doesn't reflect light back into the room. Color realism is unbelievably plasma-like. (I have plasmas ans LCDs) And of course the thousands of tiny aluminum flakes affor a dark...
Thanks for all the advice, the delay is cause I'm in a holding pattern for HD to get in the DW. I took down the old screen and cracked a corner off, cause it was too heavy. I couldn't handle it when I pulled the screws out (plywood backing + 1x3 vertical supports). So, my plan is new DW and adhere it directly to the wall to maximize the room length, viewing distance and screen size. How do I do that ? If I put the entire 5x10 sheet, I wouldn't have to trim it...
You'd have to be Superman to see the texture in a laminate from even only a few feet away, that won't your problem. Your problem will be the orange peel effect from the roller.