or Connect

Posts by roemerj

Just wanted to follow-up on my previous post that I really like the Bytecc 4-way active Toslink splitter, OP-SP-104. It works where others would not. I have a 50ft and a 100ft Toslink cable connected on the outputs and other end of the cables are able to receive and decode flawlessly. The 4 way was like $10 more than the 2-way so got the extra capacity just in case.
I just ordered a 4-way Optical splitter. It must be fairly new cause I don't get any hits. Anyways it is a Bytecc OP-SP104 and can be purchased at Newegg for $29. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will work.
Quote: Originally Posted by Serafica I have the HDR-FX1. I have successfully captured and exported HDV footage using ... a Sony VAIO using their built-in DVGATE Plus. What version of DVGATE Plus do you have? I also have DVGATE on my VAIO but PC and SW about 2 yrs old. I previously checked and my version of DVGATE only supports SD video from the HDR-HC1. I am curious, what driver is assigned to your device in 1080i mode? ...
Quote: Originally Posted by timecop 1. Well, the protocol IS known, and documented. I don't understand what the point of a driver would be though. (There are already several - like the default mstape driver, meidvhs, and a custom job that I have for controlling generic av/c devices). ... The point would be to essentially create variant of meidvhs that would not look at the powered status. I know kinda gludge, especially if unit really was...
Timecop, Sounds like with your custom firewire control software you can capture protocol. Wouldn't it be possible to create own custom driver once protocol known? Also, is AVHDD available in US? Can you export directly to your AVHDD from HDRHC1 and vice versa without special control software? Thanks Jim
Using CAPDVHS I can successfully upload MPEG2 TS from the HDR-HC1. However, can't seem to do the reverse, download the same unedited MPEG2 TS back down to the HDR-HC1. Is there any changes required in CAPDVHS GUI. Assume just need to specify filename in WrtDVHS tab and select START? Thanks in advance!
Got my answer from timecop in "New Sony HDV Camcorder HDR-HC1 Info" thread. [Quote = timecop] Hm. To make it not load AV/C Tape, Plug it in and let it detect as tape. Then uninstall the driver. (devmgmt, uninstall). goto c:\\windows\\inf and move mstape.inf somewhere temp and delete mstape.pnf (shouldn't matter, its rebuilt automatically). Unplug the cam. Plug the cam back in, and it should fail detecting as Tape, and just show up as a question mark AV/C Subunit. Then...
Quote: Originally Posted by timecop Hm. To make it not load AV/C Tape, Plug it in and let it detect as tape. Then uninstall the driver. (devmgmt, uninstall). goto c:\\windows\\inf and move mstape.inf somewhere temp and delete mstape.pnf (shouldn't matter, its rebuilt automatically). Unplug the cam. Plug the cam back in, and it should fail detecting as Tape, and just show up as a question mark AV/C Subunit. Then you can goto "reinstall driver",...
Quote: Originally Posted by timecop ... Whatever the default driver was, it didn't work. I set output to auto (which defaulted to HDV), and plugged it in. New hardware wanted a "AV/C Subunit". I did install from specific location, Show all drivers, Have disk, and forced it to one of the DVHS drivers from the list (Panasonic DVHS, I think). ... I only see AV/C Subunit flash up for second on bottom right of monitor or device manager but...
Quote: Originally Posted by timecop hm. my camera arrived today. gonna check it out when i get from work. quick question: why are people using meidvhs drivers for this? doesn't default AV/C Tape recorder/player driver in XP work for capture? Glad to see "driver" expert get HDR-HC1. Please let me know your experience in connecting your HDR-HC1 to XP computer. Going down this path based upon bdraw synoposis of your lengthy thread. In addition...