or Connect

Posts by jsmeeker

Last week, TWC came out to my apartment in far north Dallas and setup my new TiVo Premiere with a cable card and a tuning adapter. It took a bit of time for the people back at the office to do everything correctly, but I am in business. So far, things are working well. How can I get a listing of channels that use SDV? I know on my TiVo, there is a way to test the tuning adapter and cycle through the channels that use it. But I just want a list. Really, it seems to work...
It's a brand new Samsung TV. They only listed one code for them. I guess I will need to contact Sony.
Hmm... That doesn't seem to work for me. Do I hold the TV power or TV Input button as I enter the code? Do I have to press some other button after entering the code?
I just got my new TV (Samsung LED-LCD) and the Sony S470 player. I want to program the remote for the BluRay player to control the TV (power, volume, input select). The manual has a list of codes in the very back, but I am stumped on how to actually enter them. I can't seem to find the details on what you have to press before entering the code. Is it me, or is just not in the manual?
I want a BluRay player. I just bought a new Samsung 55" LED LCD HDTV (UN55C6300 to be exact). Currently, I have NO functioning disc player. My last DVD player died some time ago. And it wasn't an upconverting model (it was hooked to a SD TV) What do I need in a Blu Ray player? Really, nothing too fancy. I WOULD like some "internet apps". I liked the idea of the apps on the Sammy TVs, but held off on getting a model that had that because I knew I could get them in a...
Went check out the UN55C6300 and the UN55C6500 "side by side" today. Well, they weren't exactly side by side. There were a few sets inbetween them. But checked them both out the best I could Granted, I have no control over the settings for the TVs in the big box store show room. To me, they looked essentially identical. I tried off center viewing on both. They seemed the same. Really, both looked just fine to me. Sure, there is some drop off in color saturation at...
Thanks for confirming. I actually looked at AT&Ts u-Verse help site and was able to find a PDF that details the steps required to get HD with their service. It showed you how to set the output to either 720p or 1080i.
You sure do think highly of your guests!
Hi everyone. My parents recently bought an HDTV. Their TV service comes from AT&T U-verse. Right now, they are still on the same programing package they had when they had the old, SD TV. (I think it's the U100 package. Whatever the basic one is). What does it take to get HD? Is it as simple as a call to AT&T to upgrade to an HD tier or add in an HD option? Will there be the need for any new hardware (the home gateway router, STB, etc..). I am going to guess they...
I am at my parent's now. Their 40" 6300 series has the "CN02" panel. (checked the sticker on the back of the set) I'll say this about this specific TV. I don't really notice issues with off angle viewing. Also, black levels look pretty good to me. Just watching some golf now, players with black pants look black. However, I should let you know the TV is not being fed an HD image yet. They have not upgraded their at&t U-verse service yet.. To be honest, the main...