or Connect

Posts by calvin940

Quote: Originally Posted by mpalmieri1203 Well most people bring things up in arguements to support their position...not just simply for the sake of posting information....also if you don't know the compression scheme or ratio I'd say most of this is just invalid to this arguement... I think it doesn't make sense to call an argument invalid because you don't like or don't know the details the source is talking about. Because the source...
Quote: Originally Posted by mboojigga Because the HD-DVD is an add on for the 360 I have a choice to get it or not it is an ACCESSORY. Next you will all start comparing how many controllers and the cost for each system. Thats why most don't see it the same bottom line is you have an option to get the player if you want IF YOU WANT IT. Someone getting the PS3 who is not ready for BD has no choice when they purchase the PS3 thats why alot of individuals...
I just re-read package descriptions for the PS3 and I totally forgot that the core PS3 was inluding an HD just a smaller one. What am I missing with this comparison? Is it not a valid apples to apples?: Xbox 360 Premium - $399US ============== 20gb HD Component Cables 2 Memory Slots Wireless Controller Wired Ethernet port DVD drive Playstation 3 Core - $499US =============== 20gb HD Component Cables no memory slots Wireless Controller Wired Ethernet...
Please yoyo, everyone has seen enough from this guy to be able to confidently ignore his posts: past and future. Hopefully we can get back on this thread's track. I couldn't see the site from the original link since it appears to be broken. Anyone have the proper link? Also, where the heck are people already pre-ordering the console? Haven't seen much in the way of adverts for pre-orders. Calvin
Quote: Originally Posted by Poolrad Ok ok so the cheapest 360 compared to the cheapest PS3 is 41% less. Hopefully we can end the debate of the cost difference :) I certainly don't contend the console is cheap (neither of them are really). The core pack (for both) is essentially a sucker console.. who wants wired controllers and no harddrive? For premiums, 360 is 33% less expensive (or the PS2 premium is 1.5x the cost of a 360 premium), but...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fettastic Did I EVER say anything about "feature for feature"? Nope, from your butt to the keyboard. The math is as simple as possible: PS3: $599 360: $299 ERGO: HALF THE PRICE. Is something about that difficult to understand? since the average gamer is buying a console to play games (gee, who would've thunk it?) they don't CARE about BD or HD DVD playback. Those that DO, will either buy a PS3 or the HD DVD add on. If...
He is wrong even if you don't compare feature for feature. It's that kind of misinformation that people keep saying and forces you to ignore them. Premiums: $399.99US vs $599.99US 66.67% of the cost, not 50%. - It's not a fair comparison because it has slightly bigger harddrive, plays blu-ray movies, and has HDMI output, but nevertheless, that's the price comparison for a gamer picking up the premium version of either console. Calvin
How many HD-DVD players will be selling at launch time of the PS3? North America will be going from 0 to 400,000 BD players in probably a couple of days if that. At the pricepoint of the PS3 (and was seen in the 360 launch as well), more of the consumers were adults buying it for their kids (and in some case themselves). My point being that the parent/consumer attitude will likely be if I am going to buy any HD movies, it will be for the unit I have already in my...
wow.. to think this spawned from a thread titled "Still paying monthly fee?". AND DON'T TURN IT INTO A STREAM ABOUT COW PROCREATION EITHER! Calvin
The ircodes and ircodesRaw that T-Test provided in his zip along with the 3500S rid file had the 1000 code in both files and I did hard reboots of the replay as well. No go on the 1000 no matter what I did. Calvin