or Connect

Posts by DeeJayK

That pretty well sums up the way I felt about Audyssey. While the MultiXT would be nice, I feel I could get by with just the 2EQ and/or my own ears and tweaking. However, after I started reading in some other threads here, it seems like the consensus opinion of most users here is that 2EQ was all but unusable.Would this mean swapping speaker wires in and out to get 7.2 in the main? Or is there some simpler way to accomplish this? Frankly, the size of my media room probably...
Thanks for the quick response.
Does anyone know if I can use both pre-amp and speaker-level Zone 2 outputs simultaneously with the TX-NR709? I've been trying to decide between the 709 and 717 for a while and the differences between these for me really come down to a couple of critical features: Audyssey MultiEQ XT (709) v. 2EQ (717) and the Zone 3 feature that the 717 offers. I anticipate using the third zone to feed music to my back yard with Zone 2 used for speakers in my living room. These zones...
That sounds reasonable, although I'd love to be able to leverage the Onkyo's ability to stream Spotify to the third zone. I guess I can rig up something with my old receiver and my smartphone for zone three, though.Thanks again for the advice!Anyone else care to offer their opinion?
Unfortunately, my current receiver (which is a 12 year old mid-level Kenwood) doesn't have any Audyssey system, or any automated speaker calibration of any sort. I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I currently had use of an Audyssey system -- this is the primary reason why I'm having a difficult time understanding the value of such a system.As far as differences between the Onkyo 709 and 717, I attempted to enumerate them to the best of my ability in my original...
Thanks for the reply, and maybe you're right that the Audyssey thread is perhaps a better place for this discussion. That said, the point of my post is to discuss ANY and ALL differences between the 709 and the 717 (which replaced it in Onkyo's lineup). It just happens that the Audyssey difference is the feature that I understand the least.Just so I understand, Audyssey is something you basically run one time and it balances the output of all of your speakers, correct?...
I can't believe no one on this forum has an opinion on the 709 v. the 717. I'm leaning heavily toward going with the 717, mostly for the 3rd zone, but also because I don't understand the Audyssey thing. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Can anyone help me understand why some feel that the TX-NR709 is superior to the TX-NR717 that replaced it? What advantages does MultiEq XT have over 2EQ?
I'm looking to replace my 10+ year old Kenwood receiver which is beginning to give me trouble. This purchase would be the first step in upgrading my entire system, which is of a similar vintage as my current receiver. I don't want to have to replace this thing for another decade. [[SPOILER]] I'm leaning toward the Onkyo TX-NR717 or it's predecessor, the TX-NR709, which both seem to check all the boxes. [[SPOILER]] My initial inclination was toward the newer NR717, but in...
Quote: Originally Posted by michaelahess ...I've since moved on to my HP Touchpad and Droid, using OnkyoTroller. Then I use 2Player or Skifta to stream music. I'm curious why you use OnkyTroller over the "official" Onkyo Remote app. Does it have additional features or functionality? Have you tried the "official" remote app.