or Connect

Posts by gattaca

500GB WD PATA 750GB Seagate PATA Specific models of either.. check out the 8300HD drive replacements discussions via google.. both are getting very hard to locate for a reasonable price.. YMMV I've read all over the place that sometimes these work, sometimes not, especially with the non-WD options..
I can recommend / have both. Each uses Series-Mode technology. It seems Brickwall's are more reasonably priced. (Refer to the industrial units on their site for a direct wire in option). The SurgeX units are better known, more polished / finished and better marketed. The Furman products also uses Series-Mode Surge protection in many of their designs. Later.
SurgeXBrickwall Both have wire-in modules. Both use series mode surge protection. No movs to fail. 15 & 20 amp modules and SurgeX also has more specialized products. Later
That screeen cap is consistent with what I see w/ Mystro / TWC interface and an external drive. The diags do not show the external drive as part of the setup even though it is there - go figure. The easiest way I check is if you look at the listing before attaching the drive and it says 50% full and then you power off, attach the drive and boot the box, once you get past the "you have connected an external drive press A for OK" message, the % full should decrease...
Hi, I am confirming that using the Easeus Disk Copy (2.3) utility, mentioned several times prior in this and other threads, worked great for me to clone a 500GB eSATA DRIVE (Samsung) to a new 1TB eSATA DRIVE (WD Black) (provided the sectors are not hozed up) and you do not try to use the partition copy. The % free went from abt 51% (500GB) --> 27% (1TB). I have an SA8300HD on the TWC / Mystro / Navigator setup, so not sure about the others. By design, there...
Quote: Originally Posted by dgolombowski It seems that Time Warner has changed the software or something because after a year of enjoying mt DVR Expander it no longer will operate properly. When the Expander is connected the DVR will skip recordings. I have watched and the red record light goes on but it will not record the show. yeap, I've had nothing but problems the past 6-8 weeks w/ my eSATA setup which has been working fine for several...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX With the Power Manager set to "Hard drive on with settop" my DVR does indeed turn off both the Internal and External HDDs approx. 1 minute after DVR shutdown. Approx. 2-2.5 minutes before a Scheduled Recording with the DVR OFF, Both HDDs get powered up for that Recording. Nice feature of the New Cox Passport IPG, will certainly save both power and wear on the External HDD, by not having it spinning 24/7...
Yes.. in my NON-professional opinion, it is possible, depending on how the mirrors are failing or rather falling in the tunnel. The set has enough age on it to be exhibiting a tunnel problem. The tunnel's purpose is to project a square beam of light on the DMD so if the mirrors are not aligned properly, then the light is not being projected on the DMD properly. In most cases, people have reported the problem when 1 mirror falls out alignment (shadow down one side)......
Search for light-tunnel on this forum.
Has anyone determined which mirror-light tunnel is the correct tunnel as presently there are multiple tunnels listed and samsungparts is not very specific with mappings. Has anyone posted a table somewhere else I've not found - would that be helpful? We have different postings for different part numbers and I assume that the varying light engines, by DLP model, are the determining factor. Has anyone mapped these part #'s yet to model HLN, HLR, HLS, ...? If not,...