or Connect

Posts by gattaca

Max.. yes as soon as I can.. I will attempt the dropped frames test...Thanks, Vincent
I recommend you read this thread on the 6600GT.. I know its not ATI but i think you are likely seeing a similar problem... what device are you sending the output to and how DVI, VGA, Component? Powerstip might be part of your solution depending on the output device. Also, start too by turning off everything that's not absolutely required to run- this includes real-time viral scanning, CPU processing grid agents, SW firewalls and especially any motherboard/fan/CPU...
If you are worried about your data you have 2 choices RAID 1 or RAID 5 are dominate... forget about those other RAID 2, 3, 4, 10, 50 levels unless you are running a server farm. Do RAID in HW.. the RAID controller cards are not very $ now-a-days and lots of motherboards are coming w/ RAID controllers integrated. Look close at the SATA controllers. SCSI is still too $$ for most home guys, even though it will perform better w/ those 15K drives and SCSI command queuing /...
max and vern.. i got frustrated and decided to buy/try a 6800GT OC card from a local retailer as opposed to my 6600GT... suprise, suprise.. no difference.. still get visual studdering. :( I was not happy. So that sort of eliminates (not totally) the 6600 being the sole issue for sure. So next I actually used the powerstip timings you posted a day or so ago, cut/pasted as you said (never knew you could do that) ... and I saw an improvement down to what I'd say...
Ok.. SUPER! I'll focus on those values instead of pixel clock.. VG info! I've gotten it pretty darn close today and yes Vern and Max I cannot, using the 71.80 nVIDIA drivers, get the #'s exactly dead-on as I posted earlier... nVIDIA is getting very close but those timings are not quite right yet... :( maybe next round of drivers... as the visual studder is very very slight now... but ONLY if I "fine tune" using the Powerstrip advanced timings and "ultra fine...
ok.. makes sense.. do you know why it won't let me save the values I selected that got the #'s to manual's specs? Do you think it is a limit of 71.80 drivers and we should use PowerStrip to override? Thanks, Vincent
Vern, Max and others: OK I found my Samsung DLP manual and went hunting for the timings and here's what I found... for DVT it says Resolution --> 1280 x 720p Total --> 1650 x 750 (what does this mean?) Horizontal Freq --> 45.00 kHz Polarity --> X Vertical Frequency --> 60.00 Hz Polarity --> X Pixel Clock --> 74.25 MHz Sep --> 0 Com --> x SOG --> x So I nuked and paved and loaded the MCE 2005, nVIDIA 71.80 drivers. Put on the latest nVIDIA decoder...
Vern, Hmmm going to try the latency thing.. on my 6600GT as it makes sense.. also I think I read the 6800GT defaults to a lower latency of 64 or that same thread suggest setting it that way..if you read a bunch of those appends. And I know you guys w/ no problems have the 6800GT.. hmmm maybe I'll hit BestBuy and buy/try for 30 days.. so I'll know whether it works or not. Will play tonight.. on a clean/paved build. Thanks, Vincent
I've been reading over on some of the gaming forums about studdering and they are recommending cutting off AGP Fastwrites in BIOS and some other AGP things. Could we all be talking about the same thing? In particular they are talking 6800GT cards.. and 2D/3D clocks and coolbits as I've not had time to digest.. or know whether it applies to 6600GTs as well.. but some of us have 6800GTs... Max, Vern and others, have any of you looked at these...
Max... says.. "I had forgotten about my AA960 VGA transcoder! On a hunch, I plugged it into my PC and the Benq, outputting 1280x720. No stutter! I can even hear the color wheel resync everytime I change the VGA timings. This is very interesting..." Max... didn't we discuss that transcoder earlier? I think it IS doing some sort of timing/reclocking - it HAS to.. IMO. I know when I checked it out on the web, it mentioned fixing "complex timing issues" all over the...