or Connect

Posts by Tractor_Boy

Hi JSP Did you buy the one on Ebay? or are you from the group? I know Gyzmo. I think you already know the answer but I will confirm it. Yes the Quad board you have has soldered cables across it. I think this was an early version but sometimes they are like that. On later? versions the grey cables on yours are socketed on both ends. When in the projector they are bridged accross the board. When in the switcher the short cable connects from the right hand...
Hi SD_Sydney I'm another Sydney sider also with a new addition to family recently. Son Connor not the HT. I have an XG but have setup a couple of PG6s in Sydney. Also have contacts in the Pro scene. I am also in Electronics. Curt is right, read all the manuals first. Then give it a go. Keep the brightness and contrast down and dont leave the test patterns up too long. You will not get it right in the first go, probably not even in the 10th attempt but you...
Hi not that i am aware of but i think you can select a colour or not in the setup menus! Or maybe that is choose colour or not. This could remove it from 2 out of 3. james
Hi 10Guage Yes they are interchangeable. The 6020 cards had slightly better specs and extra features. eg the 6020VID has an extra setting on the rotary switch marked XG. This position allows the switcher to be used in SW1 (linked) mode with an XG series PJ. It just passes the video to the XG with no conversion to RGBHV the PJ sorts it out. With a 6/9PG you would need a Quad decoder board to do the same thing. I think some of the other features were higher...
Hi I have scans for the manual and can send to you but it really is not required. Also there are 6010 and 6020 versions of the input cards the 6020 have either better specs or extra functionality for XGs There is also a VGA input card with 15 pin connector. And there is a video output card as well as the RGBHV output card. Do a search as this has been posted a few times by me an others. Check ebay as cards and switchers list regularly James
Hi The ISS6010 or 20 can be used in different ways and an extra way with an XG 1) The Switcher can be in standalone mode where it can be used with any type of projector. In the simplest mode it will switch like signals in to like signals out. ie RGBHV in and RGBHV out. I believe Video in to video out depending on the cards you have installed but no conversion. 2) As above standalone but with a Quad card installed. These Quad cards come in the PG series...
Hi Pedro I am also in Sydney. My brother and I have put up heaps of projectors over the years and pulled them out again. All you really need is a couple of hefty blokes and a place to stand and most importantly absolute faith in the other bloke, that he appreciates the value of the projector and what you will do to him if he drops it and a healthy vocabulary of expletives may also come in handy. If space permits have a soft place to put the projector down in a...
Hi Lifter Do you have a quad board fitted in the switcher? The switches will handle R Gcs B I cant test it at the moment as XG is not mounted while the new room is being built. James
Hi Lifter Yes it is perfectly normal although annoying for the commands to be recieved and performed twice infact I think it was an intentional design feature. In SW1 mode the switcher and XG both recieve the IR signal and forward the command to the other unit. I think this is a known bug created by a shortsighted programmer. The quick solution is to unplug or cover one of the IR receivers in one of the devices. I would choose the one best positioned for...
Hi Skvinson Search Ebay for Pronto Have been 2 new screens for 1000 pronto this week for $12 James