or Connect

Posts by Flexx

I posted a few months ago about a similar (same?) issue. There are some reports after the last FW upgrade that perhaps the wifi dongle might be interfering with 3D playback as well as component (I'm watching component), causing occasional frame skips. Sure enough, after I disconnected my wifi dongle, I have not seen a skipped frame since. Never had an issue before the update either.I emailed Oppo at the time and they said they were forwarding feedback to their...
Still no more dropped frames via component since unplugging the wifi dongle, so I've notified Oppo via their website; hope it helps them troubleshoot further.
You're very welcome, Bob, thanks again for the insight. Had some family over this afternoon, more watching, ZERO frame drops via component, my usual viewing format. Will try to do more tests this coming week.
Gotcha, ok...Main Ver: BDP9x-79-0910Loader Ver: CN0900 8530Sub Ver: MCU95-08-0218Chip Ver: 0C.00.01.00NRD Ver: NRD2.1-MT110304
I did the FW update via WiFi - it was uneventful, everything looked like it took.My FW info now on my BDP-95 - BDP9x-79-0910Again, I have no HDMI cables connected, no hard drives, USB (other than WiFi dongle which I've since disconnected). Just connected via component for video and analog audio out.
Thanks again, Bob. I will try to do more troubleshooting in the days ahead, but my days off are behind me - at least for a few weeks Just fyi, I have a very simple, clean set-up - nothing else connected to my BDP-95 other than the power, the wi-fi dongle (not any more), component video cables, and analog cables for the audio.I wonder if it's advisable to have the wifi dongle and other digital connections disconnected whenever upgrading firmware...?
Well I'll be damned...Since your post, I turned off the internet connection and disconnected the Wifi dongle. I've watched several hours of blu-ray content and it's been rock solid. Statistically speaking I should have seen something by now, as every single disc I've played - old and new - since the FW update was exhibiting at least a handful of these very subtle frame drops/stutters. I will wait a few days to report to Oppo, but I'm fairly confident this is it. Thank...
Thank you, I will try tomorrow with these additional steps. I have since reset factory defaults but not done the other steps. Still seeing the occasional dropped frame, which is sometimes (but not always) visible when an object moves laterally following a period of no movement. Weird. My player and TV are set up as you describe above. The thought of optical drive malfunction did cross my mind, but this was literally night/day after the firmware update and I've had no...
I've toggled the video settings back and forth. The errors are not repeatable, as far as I can tell, and yes I've rewound a sequence to double check. It's very strange, and certainly appeared since the update. Just not sure how many people are still watching via component! BTW, the component signal is bypassing the receiver and goes direct from the Oppo to the projector. I have not done a factory reset. Will try that next. Thanks to all for input, this thread has...
Very strange....for the past several weeks, since the latest update, I'm noticing a dropped frame here or there in the blu-rays I'm watching. I've re-watched titles (The Pacific), watched new ones (The Hobbit Extended), and at least a dozen others. All films - no videos or concerts. No settings have been changed in any equipment. I'm running component out of the BDP-95 into a venerable Sanyo PLV-60 and 5.1 audio analog out to my receiver. No drop-outs or issues with...