or Connect

Posts by TomHuffman

Calibration involves adjusting a control so that the test pattern measures as close as possible to an intended target. If a test pattern, hypothetically, displays x0.309, y0.329 when it is supposed to display x0.3127, 0.329, then the user will be prompted to raise the x value unnecessarily to meet the D65 target. I don't see what difference it would make whether the x value was raised by the test pattern source control or by the display control. It will will still be...
Insofar as it was my post some time ago that inadvertently brought this issue to light, here is the data again after I looked at it carefully (I found some small, inconsequential errors) along with data for custom colors using the Blu-ray player. I talked to Greg Rogers about this, and his explanation for how small digital errors can occur is that the design of the device may use a specific color space (e.g. YCbCr 422) as its internal working mode, so that any input must...
First, if your wish is to have a completely 100% error free experience, then we should be talking about something other than software. There is nothing I or anyone else can do to ensure this.Second, if you find a bug you should do what you should have always done: report it and then wait for me to test it and then issue a fix. If you can't wait for a fix, then ask me directly for an earlier build, which I am happy to provide on request. If you start keeping each version in...
If you want to know what version the file represents, all you have to do is pay attention when you download it. The version is described in the release notes where the download link is found. If you want to subsequently install a specific version, then when you download each file be sure to save in a dedicated folder that you named with the version number. I have done it this way because it allows me to use a series of generic download and installation notification e-mail...
75% of rec. 709 is now just like any other reference gamut. You select it in the Options module. Before, it was an orphan in the Color Management module.
This bug is now fixed. Still 2.5.1, same download link.
Nothing has changed other than replacing the override fields with the BT.1886 panel in Options. If you leave the manual option unchecked in auto-cal, then it measures white and black and applies this to the formula automatically.There was a problem with manual overrrides in 2.5 because there were two places to specify the correct value and they could conflict. That's why we removed the override fields in auto-cal. Now there is only one place to enter white/black values...
Export saves the data to a file that can be subsequently imported. Save saves the configuration.
Yes.
A bug has been discovered in the ColorChecker module for those wishing to use a calibration disc. The problem seems to be that this module does not recognize when the "Enable Signal Generator Support" checkbox is unchecked, so it expects a signal generator even when you are not using one. This results in Com Port missing or Null Reference fatal exceptions. We'll get this fixed ASAP. Also, if you want to see how a profiled meter performs without the corrections, in...