or Connect

Posts by FrankP

Just a heads up about Dave Gravelines call in radio show http://www.graveline.com/ One of the several guests will be the Chief Engineer from WFOR. "HDTV Update Get a front row seat to the latest in the Digital Television transition. Guests scheduled to join Dave this week include: Daniel Sparrow, Director & CTO - S Squared Technologies Marcelo Sanchez, Chief Engineer - WFOR, CBS TV Joe Piccirilli, Managing Director - AVAD Gary Shapiro, President & CEO - CEA Greg Keys,...
I'm seeing a dramtic difference in PQ over yesterdays coverage. Full sun compared to overcast I guess. They just put up some HD overlay graphics.
Anyone else notice a large variation in the grass color from camera to camera? HD and SD cameras both. I'm watching OTA CBS.
Sorry for the late reply. For the record I am really happy with my 507. I don't see full screen rainbows that have been well documented. The effect I saw is not exactly like the moire patterens I have seen on my other sets. I don't have the abilty to get a picture to illustrate, but I can describe it. The effect looks like hundreds of tiny red, green and blue mini rainbows on the edges of the herringbone weave in the clothing. I have my old MM36100 and the 507 side by side...
Have you watched any black and white movies where the actors are wearing tweed/herringbone jackets? Interesting DLP effect there also :)
Not confused I went over to see for myself. No antenna connected period. Also you can directly input the channels i.e. 2-001 on his box which I confirmed is a non HD RCA. Yes you can input the dash just like on the OTA side of my DTC-100. Another interesting point is there is no 6-100 which would be our local NBC station if they were on the air, coincidence?. Only the currently broadcasting DT stations show on his box albiet with no picture just a blank screen. And yes I...
Got a call from my neighbor who just got Directv last week, one of those cheap deals from CC, not a HDTV receiver. He asks me what the channels 2-001, 4-001, 7-001, 10-001 and 39-001 are. He said they show up as he scans through his available shows but are blank. He still gets the regular locals. I tell him those are very close to the local channel mappings I get on my OTA receiver 2-1, 4-1 etc which are the Miami HDTV stations now broadcasting. I had him call Directv and...
Watched on a samsung 507 using a DTC-100. I saw alot less artifacting on fast pans than the CBS playoff games. Is this the old 1080i/720p debate? I watched the first ABC SB with the same DTC and my old MM36100. My memory fades but I don't remember any artifacts. I know I am going through several conversions from the DTC to the Samsung so its not a clearcut comparison. The CBS playoffs seemed sharper with more artifacts and the ABC SB seemed a bit less sharp with less...
Yes I see that on my 507, however the problem is not unique to DLP's read some of the first GWII threads. What really seems to trip up my 507 is when it tries to show fast moving water or waves on the ocean, not all water just when shot from certain angles.
Why not look at plasmas?