or Connect

Posts by EricU

Really! with the system and room that you run??? I find that hard to believe!I think the Sim2 unit that I was going to purchase in '06 was over $22k and I couldn't wait to drop that money on it. Now that the buy in for a 4K PJ has gone from $25k to $15k, I see that as a great trend for the early adopters.I just need some kind of media that I would be able to rent movies from as over the years I have drooled over the Laser Disk, gave away piles of VHS tapes, gave away...
Excellent! Thanks Mark!I really enjoy my JVC, but was amazed when I saw the Sony 84" 4K panel in Vegas last year.So my next question as I keep getting lost in this thread as I am one of the lucky ignorant consumers that gets to just enjoy my HT gear:When and how is the 4K content going to come out?My local shop had the Sony media server but it had only 6 titles (that was a month or two ago??) I have seen Sony's website which now has 70 titles.Will future titles be download...
Sooo.... Can someone answer my kind of simple question about the lens shift? I have been skimming through some of the 700+ posts this thread is up to and cant find the answer.Thanks, Eric.
Sorry to throw this question right in the middle of all the pricing talk, But does this Sony have the built in lens shift from 16:9 to 2.35 like my JVC does. When I bought my JVC, I was talked into going with a 135" 2.35 screen and man am I glad I did, I just love it. I keep telling my kids, that the only PJ that we will replace our current one with will be when the 4k content is out. Cant wait to see that in our HT after seeing the 84" 4K at the Vegas Sony store...
Awesome Tip!! I thought Sammy's was just a SoCal/Online outfit.I just talked to one of the salesmen, and he said they don't currently have one in stock, but will contact me when they do.Can someone tell me if my expectations are correct?;I want to mount the camcorder on my wakeboard towerUse the Wi-Fi control synced up to either an iPad or an iPhoneUse the software to see what the camera sees remotely in the boat (from just a couple of feet away)Use the Wi-Fi software to...
Seems kinda silly that I have to hunt around and try to find this camera!! I guess they aren't really shipping them out in large numbers yet????Though it's not the most expensive purchase, it isn't just pocket change (to me!) and I would like to get it from a local brick and mortar if I could. It just seems like it shouldn't be this hard to get one.Eric
Seems kinda silly that I have to hunt around and try to find this camera!! I guess they aren't really shipping them out in large numbers yet????Though it's not the most expensive purchase, it isn't just pocket change (to me!) and I would like to get it from a local brick and mortar if I could. It just seems like it shouldn't be this hard to get one.Eric
This camcorder sounds like exactly what I have been looking for, but I really would like to see it in person before dropping my dollars on one.I still cannot find any mention of it on the Big Box store's website (I have a bunch of their store credits)Does anyone know if the Big Box stores are going to carry it?If not, where in the SF Bay Area could I see/purchase one?Thanks, Eric
I have been trying to get my hands on one for over a month now, kept waiting for the Panny website to update from "...delivery in March..." and still haven't seen em at the local big box stores (which I have a bunch of credit at).I am really interested in this model for use on our wakeboard boat's tower to capture the riders.Could you, or anyone else who has their hands on one, explain how the X-920's WiFi software works? Can you control the simple functions (record, stop...
My question about optical zoom was in response to the statement "The Canons are good camcorders. I would think the Sony GW77 would be better, because it's waterproof. The problem with both of those is they only have 10X optical zoom. If you're saying your subjects will be 50 to 80 feet away, you will get into "digital zoom", beyond the optical zoom and the quality will degrade."Before I read that comment, I was pretty set on the Sony GW77, I have about $500 of BB bucks and...