or Connect

Posts by SHodorov

Just had my E601I-A3 delivered and trying to figure out how to stream videos to it, I am newbie at this, please forgive the questions if they are silly I have a router with a large external hard drive attached to it (via usb). its accessible from all PCs via a network share. All my media is on this drive. How do I play media from this drive on the TV? is that even possible? ie directly browse a network share and play a selected file? or do I need to run a server on...
my 2.5 year old receiver has been progressively getting worse showing these same symptoms.... Im thinking its dying... and looking for a replacement. any update on yours?
looks like its only happening on the cablevision dvr connection which is hdmi. I will buy another cable and post results. thanks.
my 2.5 year old 50xr5 has a problem (i think) the screen goes fully black at random times. I cant find a pattern but it just goes black from once every few seconds to once in a few minutes. its stay black from less then a second and then its fine until the next time... any ideas?
The issue went away last night after I disconnected the HDMI cable and routed a component cable... Calling Cablevision and holding for 20 minutes resulter in an angry cust (dis)service rep telling me to bring the box in for an exchange or "live with it"
I have a cablevision provided SA 8300HD in NY connected via HDMI to a NEC 50xr5. everything was working great for around 3 months until recently... now when I change channels from HD to SD (700's to locals for example) the NEC shows 'snow'. when I change back to HD and scroll through the channels the NEC resets and shows the picture... (typically when I hit 13HD) I had all output modes on the 8300 set to yes (480I/P 720 etc) and this happened almost every time. I turned...
I did. I've been seaching for info about the difference between the 3 digit line and the 4 digit line. there are very few reviews of the lower end and those are mostly negative. it seems to me that you either get a 2107 and above or get something else. Im looking for preowned 210x or 3xxx receivers online now...
picked up a pio 816 @ the local bestbuy (they really dont want to sell receivers there, do they? 1 model each of 3 brand names and 6 models of yamaha and no way to audition) hooked it up and was instantly disapointed. Ran the auto set up and was surprised at how much better it sounded. It still isnt anywhere close to sounding like my old Denon... It has more features but that annoying blue light... aside from more connections, power and features, is there anything on...
Im concerned about the quality of their newer products... hk used to be much better
my 7 year old denon avr 2800 (Spec) got fried in a power outage during a bad thunderstorm last night . I no longer have to time to audition and research now that I'm a father of a toddler and a newborn so I turn to this forum to help me pick a replacement. my new plasma has no speakers so I need to move fast my room is 14' square. my fronts are smallish Polk bookshelf speakers hanging up high where the toddler cannot topple them (like he did with the large fronts I...