or Connect

Posts by Jeremy Anderson

Understandable. If you're not in the preview program, you'll know when it updates because it will show a green progress bar at boot as the system updates the firmware, and probably get a message before that asking you to download the update. AFTER this update, you shouldn't see that anymore because the updates will happen overnight while the system is in low power mode unless you manually initiate an update.Cables that come with smartphones are almost certainly USB data...
Are you in the preview program? If not, have you received the update that started rolling out last night?You can use any USB that fits. However, make sure it's an actual data cable. Some USB cables that come with phone chargers only have the wires needed for power, not the data leads that the controller would need to update its firmware.
It's possible that they added that detection during the preview program, but it should be in there for the update that's currently getting pushed to systems. Both my Titanfall controller and my Day One triggered it after the last preview build was released.Your Titanfall bundle has probably been packaged for a few months now and the latest public update for the controllers is coming out NOW... so odds are that you need to update it. If you had a defective cable, you'd...
If you plug a controller up and it needs an update, it asks you to do it. If it doesn't, it doesn't need an update. Easy...
The point is that you have options. Nothing keeps you from using the remote you already had, even Kinect. Hell, I'm using my Harmony 880 to control everything most of the time... and since it also has had support for the Xbox One since launch, that remote isn't something I need. So I didn't buy it.But as far as what Kinect adds to that, there is value in it. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten a channel number and just been able to say "Xbox, watch Comedy...
Source: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-media-remote-info#3bc4ef50b6704a5bb268c38cdd219254
Note that he said HDMI, not optical. If you're sending over HDMI to a receiver, people should always go with 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed over the lossy DD or DTS formats.What Netflix is doing isn't quite the same. They're basically paying Comcast for using so much of their network... which they shouldn't have to be doing, but not doing so means their customers get a poor experience and will likely decide not to keep being customers. Because of this, they are basically...
I think anyone who supports this shady bypassing of the internet on the part of Comcast doesn't understand just how important net neutrality is. This would essentially give Apple preferential treatment on Comcast's network, putting providers like Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. at a disadvantage... and leaving those services within the purview of the ridiculous artificial bandwidth caps that Comcast is putting into place. They can't simultaneously make the argument that...
The bigger question is... Why in the world would you use compressed Dolby Digital over HDMI when you can be running uncompressed PCM? PCM will give you vastly better sound quality.
Well, unlike you guys, I think Fantasia actually looks quite intriguing. I'm all about playing conductor, and the on-screen prompts look pretty easy to follow. I'm mostly concerned about the number of songs, which seems pretty lackluster thus far. I'm sure Harmonix will release DLC like mad for it... but it better have a good opening group of songs.