or Connect

Posts by Escape

My room is 22 x 17 x 7.5 I have the RF-7ii placed on the long wall (22') approx 11 feet apart slightly towed in but not directly aimed at the main listening position which is 10 feet away. I have them aimed slightly to each side of the main listening position that gives a wider overall sweet spot. The backs of RF-7ii are about 14 inches off the front wall and apprx 6 feet in from the corners of the room They sound great but seem to lack some bass at lower volume levels...
PC's are constantly updated in the form of new driver releases for the hardware installed on it to make it function properly/better and in most cases drivers can be rolled back if their is a problem. I must disagree with you on the point that updates for sound, video, ect.. are not available by MFGs. They always are and they still support XP with driver updates presently which is 3 OS's old. This is important and should not be overlooked because its an AVR. The MFGs...
The SC-67 is the first receiver I have that can be updated with firmware.My prior one was a Yamaha RX-V3300 no firmware upgradeAll the the PCs I have, firmware rollback is always possible in the event of a problem.I also have an HDI Dune MAX media player which is also a bluray player that you can rollback firmware if you have an issueSo not being able to rollback firmware is a first for me.Like I said before it may have been the program I was watching that was a little low...
Thanks for the info. To me it sounds a little lower but I could be mistaken. The program that I was watching could have been a little low. I will reset anyway and see what happens.The one thing that is crazy is that you cannot revert to previous firmware. If Pioneer sent out a bad firmware update an could not fix with a new one there is a potential for a lot of expensive paperweights that would need to go back to the factory to be fixed. Pioneer tech said they would...
I noticed similar behavior after latest firmware updated for the SC-67 but for me the volume seemed lower. I checked all settings and they had not changed. I called Pioneer today and was told that you cannot roll back firmware. Tech support said all settings should have went back to factory default. Mine were still the same values that I had set previously. It's possible that they could just be showing that but are not having any effect and that's why is sounds low to...
The 1511+ has DLNA but needed to be enabled. Once I did that I was able to connect to the 1511+Then to the PC. On one with Windows XP I went into media player and and configured sharing. It shows the SC-67 in the box and has a green check next to it. Under settings and customize default is checked.I then went into monitor folders and added a folder location with music files after it finished I clicked ok on media player. Turned off the SC-68 then on and clicked media...
No realtime firewall installed and built in XP firewall is disabled.The receiver should have connected to the Synology 1511+ Diiskstation. All users/everyone have permission to connect to in from any PC connected to my network. I also think it's DNLA certerfied. I have to check to make sure.Is there any specific windows account that needs to be listed on the permissions / security tab for folder/drive that the music files are located in on the PC for the receiver to connect
I have been testing out the network functions. I was able to get internet radio working along with Pandora and XM. For some reason I cannot get Media Server to work. The front panel keeps saying "Please Wait" for over an hour. Network settings are set to DHCP on receiver and router is also set to DHCP. I checked receiver network info and it has a vaild IP Address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway. I entered receiver IP address in my browser and was able to view...
Thanks for the in depth replyI actually have the SC-61 as a demo (Picked up on Friday) until the they get the SC-67 in hopefully this week and will swap. I am trying out features and seeing how it sounds and realize that the SC-61 lacks the OSD menu (only shows MCACC Setup) that you described above and other features that the SC-67 has.What I want to do also is to feed a secondary monitor to be able to view this info and not have my plasma on all the time The secondary...
Can someone please tell me what infomation the OSD shows on the TV with the Elite SC-67/68 via HDMI connection to TV (Pioneer Elite Pro-151FD) Does it show the: MCACC setup Audio Options Video Options Current input Current Sound Format Channel Levels I only get the MCACC Setup and a useless volume box that only shows a "blue line" representing the volume but no "Number" (-45.5) like on the front panel. I have enabled the HDMI control on the receiver and since I have an...