or Connect

Posts by jvincent

TMT3 here. Tried PDVD9 and the combination of Moovie Live and not being able to play District 9 killed it for me. No issues so far with TMT3.
Ditto here. I would post the back and forth I had over District 9, but it would just aggravate me. Using Arcsoft now and haven't had any issues yet.
There should be an option to display resolutions not supported by the monitor in the ATI control panel. That should allow you to select different resolutions. FWIW, the Nvidia control panel allows you to define custom resolutions. I haven't looked at an ATI one in a few years.
Why would you need to send the HTPC output to the HDFury? You are better of just sending the 1:1 mapped resolution. Your receiver should pass that to the plasma.
One minor correction, the native resolution is 1365x768, not 788. I used to run 1080p over component into my 61XR4 from our Xbox360 and could tell no difference between that and 1080i. The only reason to feed the set 1080p would be if the deinterlacing in the doesn't do a good job. However, the deinterlacing of the NECs is, from what I have seen, perfect.
I just rebuilt original HTPC using a 9300 motherboard and I'm quite happy with it.
They are not the same. Reverse engineering Calman implies that they are cracking open the S/W and looking at the internals of how it works. Comparing the readings between the two in a "black box" way is not reverse engineering. You appear to have pre-judged that they are violating your copyright and terms of license for Calman. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point.
Or perhaps they are using it to compare readings between their S/W and Calman.
Not all displays will let you make the +2%/5% bars disappear. For those display you need to adjust contrast as high as possible without getting colour shifts. The crossed ramps/steps patterns are very good patters for checking this. Also don't forget that brightness and contrast almost always interact so if you end up lowering contrast you will likely need to adjust brightness as well.
If you usually watch movies with the bias light on, then you should calibrate with it on. Every display will be slightly different in terms of how it handles different APLs. The dynamic contrast you mentioned could play a big factor in that as an example. The only way to know which pattern/setting is "best" is to try them out. Note that best is a subjective measure. Calibration is a compromise. As an example, if you choose a certain brightness setting based on DVE that...