or Connect

Posts by DSperber

Just a reminder... Season 3 starts Sunday April 6 at 10:30PM.
If you have cable/satellite TV, try running the "native" 720p/1080i HDMI output (NOT upconverted to 1080p by the STB/DVR boxes) of those boxes through the HDMI input of the Oppo, with the cleaned/upconverted 1080p HDMI-1 output of the Oppo either going (a) through the AVR (where any further video processing should be turned off) and then on to your HDTV or (b) directly to your HDTV (with HDMI-2 of the Oppo going to the AVR for audio), whichever is your configuration.I...
I think you may have adjusted the 103 to compensate for what really for should have been adjustments or calibration of your HDTV to optimize picture.What does the output look like if you dial back the saturation, sharpness, and color enhancer on the Oppo to original default 0? Or at most, perhaps +1 for sharpness.
Terrific scene.Been missing Avon Barksdale.
Old thread, but still a relevant question.Yes, as long as there is no encryption/protection issue, the now converted M2TS (or, alternatively, MPG) form of "wrapper" around the underlying MPEG-2 data can then be burned to BluRay (BDMV or AVCHD). As long as the authoring software does not do any re-compression (as it won't have to in this case) of the underlying video, you will thus be able to create your own disc-based versions of the original copy-freely HDTV programs...
I've had mine about 5 years now, and it's still performing perfectly.I originally bought it primarily as a replacement for a Zektor 4-in-1-out component video/audio switch I'd been using for handling multiple video/audio sources, because I really wanted to use HDMI. Also, the V863 is very much "analog-centric" and included a complete set of S-video connections which was important to me at the time, something that appears to pretty much no longer be present on any current...
If you're describing what I think you're describing (although I would characterize it as a LOUD BUZZ), every so often I have a similar symptom.I have a Linksys DMA2100 (Windows media center extender, from my HTPC) going into my 103. I actually never watch anything "live". It's always a recording, but I don't really think that's relevant. Although I'm configured for "Split A/V:, in this problem situation I have my HDMI-2 headphone system powered off, so that all audio is...
I know it's a bit late to comment on technical aspects of the NBC coverage, but I'm "a bit behind". Recording and watching everything that was on NBCSN (as well as the "high profile" event coverage that was exclusively on NBC afternoon/primetime) takes quite a bit of time, and I've still got the final four days of competition to watch. Anyway, I REALLY enjoyed the Tara/Johnny/Terry dynamic covering figure skating. Really really fun, to listen to their honest commentary...
Much like the Fred/Kristen interplay when they would visit WU on SNL, supposedly having prepared a song to sing (that of course was not) to Seth. All improv, and Kristen would look at him and watch his mouth as he "sang" and, like a twin, would attempt to mimic what he was saying as he completely made it up... as if it was a planned duet that they'd prepared.Fred/Carrie on "Portlandia" are 90% improv as well.The Seth/Fred opening interaction is clearly intended to be Seth...
I know, since I don't actually do any of this with my 93 or 103 I shouldn't chime in.But I have installed ELEVEN of these Verbatim 2TB USB 3.0/2.0 drives as backup and external storage media on assorted machines for friends and family, including me. I myself have FIVE of them on three different PC's (all running Win7 Pro x64, all running legacy BIOS) and have had ZERO problems. 100% usability and reliability. Never one failure.Actually, they have the Verbatim brand, but...