or Connect

Posts by DSperber

This is my first tour with a Ceton card, and 1TB recording hard drive, and Windows Media Center as my DVR. In the past, with Motorola DCT/DCH DVR's from TWC/LA, with a "tiny" 160GB hard drive, I didn't sleep for 3 weeks, what between trying to watch every day's stage and all of my other normal recorded fare. Remarkably, I can set WMC to record "new only", and "anytime", and even though the Zap2it Guide info doesn't actually include the words "new" or "repeat" (as the TWC...
Interesting. I wasn't aware that there are apparently a whole bunch of these "dance crew" companies available for commercial use (e.g. choreographing that LMFAO video), but I guess I should have been. Makes sense. And the SYTYCD alumni do seem to be finding a home here, and in other ventures (e.g. Mark with Gaga).Recently, Kherrington Payne was a main character on "The Dance Scene" which aired back in April on E!. This was a show about Laurieann Gibson's Boomkack...
As I recall, I believe the new 1-port FIOS boxes are cousins of the 1-port DCX boxes. Same/similar internals... and firmware problems with firewire. Neither has a working firewire interface, to the best of my knowledge.
Ok... guess I'm now officially on the Melanie team. I think she's the BEST dancer this season, and my favorite as well. Also, does anybody else notice the striking resemblance to Ginnifer Goodwin?? [
No audio issues out here on KTTV-DT (OTA) in LA on Thursday, other than the usual MUCH TOO LOW problem that has continued on from the entire AI season into this show. Don't have this problem on any other channel or program (including "Glee" and other programs also on KTTV-DT).Only these two live shows AI and SYTYCD... something very odd with the audio and the mixing (specifically on AI), as confirmed by all three of my three different audio systems available for playing...
I'm kind of getting to like Marko and Melanie. Second week in a row that they've done something I really enjoyed. She's got "thunder thighs" (dancer's legs) and a relatively small head with pixie hair that makes her look a bit oddly shaped, but she's a very talented dancer indeed. I liked that brief charlston-like, GaGa-like (from her "Just Dance" onstage performance choreography) step that Melanie did. Similar to Heather Morris's momentary version of that step in a...
The newly enhanced "intelligence" regarding re-scheduling missed recordings which was added with the A28 software (now running on all DCT/DCH/DCX boxes) is largely based on the implementation of "recording history", which had not been present in the earlier A24 software.Push MENU twice to get the main menu, navigate to DVR and push OK, navigate to DVR HISTORY and push OK. You'll now be looking at your last 30-days of recording history, showing programs that were or were...
I agree. However I'm not crazy about the "interrogation room lighting", with the camera at stage level and light "spraying down" from the sky.The light from above is bleeding into the camera lens, giving a foggy, cloudy, misty effect... very artsy special-effects, like an old fashioned black-and-white movie.The contrast in the crystal clear beautifully lit stage (especially the colored panels behind the stage when they turn orange) from camera angles on-high where there...
Using Firefox: "this video contains content from FOX, who has blocked it on copyright grounds".
Standard HDMI handshake nuisances commonly seen with various display devices, setups, AVR relays from DCX boxes, changing inputs on the HDTV while DCX is powered on, etc. This isn't really something major, or related to the firewire issue. P.S. - looks like the "police" took down your Simpson's video.