or Connect

Posts by Homer J

1) Not filling out the survey 2) Letterman is set up on my Replay daily - so until a decent HD-PVR comes out, it doesn't really matter to me if it's in HD or SD. 3) Leno is so non-funny, I will not watch it.
Reboot the machine by pressing & holding the power button on the machine face for a full 10 seconds.
The Netgear ME101 worked for me. $80 at Amazon. http://www.netgear.com/products/prod...ID=175&view=hm
Wow - that's one long sentence.
OK - I'll go first with my newbie question. Laugh if you want, but an answer would be nice too. I'll have my 5040 in the living room with the TV (obviously). I subscribe to DSL, and the computer & modem are in another room. What do I need to hook the 5040 up to the DSL? I assume it's not as easy as just plugging it into the phone line (or is it?). I'd like to get everything wired up before it gets here. I can run any necessary wires under the house.
Reporting more of the same here. Was "processing" this morning, and now it shows as cancelled. I did not use the F&F discount (figured that would be an auto cancellation). Still crossing my fingers and hoping it's a goof since everyone else is reporting similar. I've never had a problem with this credit card to buy stuff online. If this doesn't go through, I plan on just waiting it out for the HD-Tivo.
I had some family over, and none of them had ever seen a HD broadcast before. They never really thought twice about it until I finally did a "split screen" with the analog broadcast side-by-side with the HD broadcast. OMG, the difference was staggering and finally made them appreciate HD. My dad says he wants a new TV now, though I doubt mom would approve.
I know this issue is pretty moot right now, but Spielberg has been pretty tough on NOT letting his movies get chopped for television. He did make a concession in Jurassic Park to have one word dubbed out.
Is there a such thing as too much reception? Like if an antenna is too big, and you have a pre-amp hooked up? What would that do to your reception?
No point in a boxset of Ep I & II. As for the original trilogy, Lucas has made it known that he wants to tweak it again to better follow episodes 1-3. He's already shot some new scenes to be inserted in the original trilogy. Dont' expect to ever be able to (legally) own the originals as they currently exist.