or Connect

Posts by natas777

I received a sample yesterday of the Firehawk G3 material. I currently have a 1.1 Elite screen cinewhite. The projector is ceiling mounted. I taped the material in multiple to compare. Blacks are way deeper with the Firehawk. This is what I like to see. However I was really disappointed in the white levels. This is where I am confused. This screen is suppose to be a 1.25 gain screen. I was expecting the whites to be the same or better than my cinewhite screen since it is...
You say you have a light controlled room. I am assuming this means you also have dark walls, ceiling and carpet. If this is true then any white screen will be fine for you.
Is your room painted a dark color? What about the ceiling? I have the hw50es with a elite screen cinewhite. My room is painted a dark color. The screen looks good under ambient light and when the room is dark it looks awesome. I only have two complaints about my setup. During day my blacks lack a little and at night my ceiling is lit up like crazy because it is not a dark color. So I am now saving up for either a firehawk g3 or some other gray type screen. But with that...
Cool. Maybe its me being to sensitive. All i know is that it drives me crazy! Past that I love this projector.
I had one quick question to everyone in here. Is it normal for the "Film Projection" mode to cause flickering? I only notice it on bright areas of the screen but its is annoying. When I first got the projector installed I was worried that I had a bad unit, the flickering was driving me crazy. I found the Film Projection option and turned it off which corrected the issue.
I currently have the Elite Screen Cinewhite 106inch screen. For a cheap screen this thing is pretty good. During the day in my room its not to bad. I have stray light coming in the room from downstairs (projector is in an open "game room") but I do have blackout shades. I read about 3 foot candles in that room during the day. At night time my room is pretty much pitch black and it looks great. Now I have a white ceiling so when I am watching bright scenes the room lights...
I went with the HW50ES. I have had it installed and working over a week now and love it. Picture looks awesome, plenty of lumens and motion is way better than what I saw with multiple epsons. My only issue so far is the buzz coming from the projector when watching 3d. But I will be calling sony about this issue today.
Tonyb12345, I currently have a simple elite screen right now setup. I plan to move to either a bd or firehawk in a few months. The screen I have is a 1.1 gain and looks awesome at night. During the day it's very watchable but blacks don't look as good. I have my projector setup 13 1/2ft from the screen. Lining everything up took about 30 minutes of measuring and getting the screen up. I haven't had any bleed or drift. However I live in Dallas and around here foundations...
Moving the mouse or Ctrl alt del do not work in my case. I will try the alt f4 thing but I doubt it will work
Hey guys, I have a win 7 wmc htpc setup. I originally had it hooked up to a LCD tv. I now have it hooked up to a projector. One annoying thing that happens is the hdmi signal seems to stop working. This doesn't happen all the time, but it generally happens 1 to 2 times a week. The current fix I have found is to just reset the machine. I do know its recording and working because in my other room I can watch live tv or recorded tv with my Xbox. It's only happens when I go...