or Connect

Posts by natas777

Kdh, From what I understand the bd will help a lot. There is a video on YouTube where they compared a normal white screen to a bd. the white screen lit up the room. The reflections from the walls and ceiling washed out the screen. They then showed the bd and that room stayed dark and the image looked great. Have you thought about painting the room a darker color, if you could paint the ceiling as well that may solve your problem. Go with a dark flat paint.
Mm that screenshot has me convinced to at least try my hand at DIY solution. I am going to go read up on the sf thread now. Btw I have an elite screen cinewhite right now. I wonder if I could just spray sf on it.
I was wondering if you guys could help me out. Let me give you a run down of what I am trying to accomplish and hopefully you guys can give me some advice. Up stair I am setting up a theater. I have moved the following to a closet directly behind the theater room. I have the following components: AVR Xbox 360 - I use this to watch live tv and also netflix BD Player The 3 components are all controlled via a Harmony One controller. I was looking at the powermid remote...
I am no expert but I maybe able to steer you the right way. I don't have a 5020 but I looked into getting one (i went with sony hw50ES). Here is my take:If you are going to calibrate your projector go with the 1.4. The 5020 when calibrated will have much lower light output calibrated.If you do not calibrate it and use the brighter modes then go with the .8. The .8 during the day will give you deeper blacks because the base material is darker. And using the epson in its...
Do you need any more information MM? Looking forward to your reply!
One more thing I like about the bd or dnp....they are suppose to reduce reflection which I am assuming will help me since I am stuck with a white ceiling.
I have not seen the dnp but hear it's much like the bd but better. What I like about the bd. it looked great with ambient light in the demo I saw in person. I had them bring the light on to around the same amount as my room and it looked great compared to other screens they had. I also loved the deep blacks. The firehawk they had also looked great but not as nice as the bd. 3d, I would say on rare occasions yes but only at night time. Personally I am not a huge fan of...
So I am going back and forth right now trying to decide if I should save up for a dnp or black diamond, or do a DIY screen. I plan to go 106-110 inches 16:9. I am very impressed with the bd screen but that is a lot of money. First some info 1. Projector will be ceiling mounted roughly 12-13 ft front screen (this is as far as I can go). So my throw ratio will be 1.4-1.6. I have chief rpau with a 12 inch drop pole. 2. The room is not light controlled. It's an open "game...
Hey Guys, In the next week I plan to mount my Sony HW50ES. I am trying to determine the best distance from screen. Here is some info: Screen Size: 106in (1.1 Gain) The room it is going in is open with dark gray walls (couldn't convince the wife to go black) and light carpet and white ceiling. Ceiling is 9ft. I currently have 3 windows with blinds and measure less than 3FC during the day and 0 at night. I believe I can get the light down more once I install blackout...
When I say cheap I mean something like an elite screen. Something I won't feel bad about getting rid of or selling super cheap once I get enough funds for a better screen. Heck I actually have a 10 year old da-lite pull down in my garage I may end up using until then. I talk about the bd screen because its the only one I have seen in person that can compare. I saw the fire hawk as well but it was in a room with no ambient light at all. The bd screen I have seen with lots...