or Connect

Posts by bayrider

Thanks, I will try that code 0107 today. What is the appropriate reason to move the SAT/TV switch? I don't have such a switch in my system. All they want to do is control the power, volume and muting for the TV from the Directv/Tivo remote, all other functions operate on the DirecTV Tivo box. SO if I understand it correctly there is no reason to ever set that switch to TV?
My next problem - my folks got their new TV setup today with their DirecTV DVR w Tivo service. The DVR remote was operating their old TV's power and volume buttons ok but we have not been able to get it to operate the new Zenith with any of the codes specified in the menu for Zenith. TV : Zenith E44W46LCD TV The codes we tried from the DirectTV/Tivo menu are 0072, 0009, 0069, 0090, 0094, 0227 We tried it with the switch on remote set to SAT, should it be set...
My next problem - my folks got their new TV setup today with their new DirecTV DVR w Tivo service. The DVR remote was operating their old TV's power and volume buttons ok but we have not been able to get it to operate the new Zenith with any of the codes specified in the menu for Zenith. TV : Zenith E44W46LCD TV The codes we tried from the DirectTV/Tivo menu are 0072, 0009, 0069, 0090, 0094, 0227 We tried it with the switch on remote set to SAT, should it be...
Thanks Mike, that totally takes care of me. And thanks everyone. The picture is excellent and now I believe my dad when he tells me the button in the middle of the remote turns the tv off. I was skeptical when I first heard that!
Thanks. I have the Phillips DirecTV series 1 remote which is slightly different so when I talk to them over phone we are off on the buttons. I can't really read some of these buttons. What is the slider switch just below the 'slow play' button for? The 2 buttons below the TV Power button and above thumbs down, what are they labeled, and their function? The 2 buttons below the Live TV button and above thumbs up, looks like they are labeled Info and Guide? If...
They live in another city and I got them set them up with DirecTV with the DVR unit. I am giving them lessons over the phone, however their remote (peanut style) is somewhat different from my Phillips TIVO remote. This is very frustrating and they have a hard time with it. I need to walk them through everything and tell them which buttons to use. I think their unit is manufactured by RCA? It's the DirecTV DVR that you get basically free with a 3 room...
They live in another city and I got them set them up with DirecTV with the DVR unit. I am giving them lessons over the phone, however their remote (peanut style) is somewhat different from my TIVO remote. This is very frustrating and they have a hard time with it. I need to walk them through everything and tell them which buttons to use. I think their unit is manufactured by RCA? It's the DirecTV DVR that you get basically free with a 3 room installation. Can...
Yes! Post it in both sections, why not. I am anxious to hear about this. So there must be a functioning HDTivo out at this time? I wasn't sure how far along it was in development.
Quote: Originally posted by h3rmes it is disgusting that people engage is such nepotism even here on the Internet. Regrets, H3rmes Yes, Saddam is my Uncle. Better look up that word.
Quote: Originally posted by h3rmes Or is there a hidden agenda within the RPTV forum to push the Hitachi brand? I simply can't figure out the angle here. SOMEONE IS PAYING PEOPLE TO PUSH HITACHI. There is no other reasonable explanation... Damn, you're on to us. It was Saddam, I got a check from him in March. You must have bought yours in April. Oh well...