or Connect

Posts by Cryofax

No HBOGO? Will this allow sideloading of whatever I want or be a full locked down walled garden version of Android?
I only take what I need from the Guild houses. I'm trying to role-play my Ranger as bascially a good guy, but with issues And I admit to the occasionally stolen torch/lockpick from others. I even murdered a guy by accident (I tried to read a book on his table and it made me grab the apple next to it and he attacked me. So I instinctively put my sword through his belly). Now my character is a conflicted anti-hero with a past. - Cryo
Thanks Kyser. For some reason talking about consoles is like talking about religion or politics with some people. Which is weird because none of us make these things or get any money from them. We're all on the same consumer team and I am just trying to suggest looking past the hype and exploring what $500 could get you in today's console market. - Cryo
I'm in the same boat looking for a good PC wireless pad. Logitechs have been a little flaky for me too. My Nykos on the X-Box are the best I've found... Ideally a wireless PC gamepad with the mouse/keyboard programmable functionality... - Cryo
I see no reason that game can't be released on the 360. There have been many games released for cutting edge PCs that had scaled down versions released for the original X-Box that were great, like Doom 3, etc. I'm already enjoying Oblivion on my PC that's as good or better than the 360 version, and the gap is only going to increase over the next 3-4 years, but they'll always be able to release a version suited to the 360's specs. Plus the 360's hardware hasn't fully...
Those games that gave you that push you needed to upgrade, or perhaps caused you to upgrade all by themselves when you might not have otherwise... For me... Ultima VI : An ultima with VGA graphics, the whole party ON SCREEN, a persistent world (no seperate battle screen), and where every object could be manipulated. I had to scrap the old IBM XT w/ EGA graphics & internal speaker and move to a smoking IBM AT with VGA graphics and the first sound blaster...
I'm playing the PC version, but why have 2 character portrait threads? So here's my character. I created a custom "Ranger" class based on what we all know about them from LOTR & D&D. The reluctant hero. The loner who stays outside the system but often is the one who saves it ;) http://www.rangersguild.com/images/cryofax-face.jpg http://www.rangersguild.com/images/cryofax-body.jpg You can actually make a pretty hot looking female with the character editor if you...
Yeah I passed a guard on patrol who warned me to stay on the path. A little ways down the road I deviated a little and got mugged. I was nearly dead when out of nowhere the same guard came to my rescue. Was cool to see that. I ran back and got on his horse. He wasn't too happy and I ended up dead. THE END. - Cryo
I'm enjoying Oblivion on my AMD 3200+, 1gb RAM, ATI X800XL. Works great on HIGH settings. As for the game, I personally enjoy an open ended game, and loved Morrowind, so I'm enjoying this. Graphics are great, storyline is great, freedom to explore is awesome. The best improvement over Morrowind is that everything is spoken, and dialogue menus are a little easier. In Morrowind I always felt like I was jarred out of the reality of the game by the constant reading of...
Quote: Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone INDEED! But why spend all that $$ when you can buy a Telstar with 200 games for almost nothing! This thread gets my vote as the worst application of logic in 2006. I would be shocked if anyone can top it. Your post just topped anything every written in this forum. I'll try and put it in simple terms you can comrehend. It's called getting the most for your money. While there wouldn't likely be any...