or Connect

Posts by RandyWalters

But a high-end 4K TV that is displaying 4K demo content is not a fair comparison to an ST50 (which has a soft image to begin with) that is displaying regular HD content. Of course the 4K demo setup is going to look better.I spent a lot of time looking at a few 4K LCDs (Sony and LG) at a high end AV store that was displaying ESPN-HD Sports Center and some random Blu-Ray content and the image looked pretty much the same as that same content does on my 50GT50 at home. It...
What benefits? If i remember right, when LEDs first started being used in the LCD TVs they were Edge-lights, not backlights, and with that came big problems with flashlighting from the corners and light bleeding from the edges of the bezel. They marketed LED as if it was superior, but I liked CFL backlighting much better than edge-lighting. Edge lighting was also cheaper to build but prices of the new edge-lit models were higher. Yeah they were thinner and...
What Screen Resolution do you have your computer set to?PC monitors can accept and display a lot of oddball resolutions that a Television simply will not accept, so if you're using a PC resolution that's not specifically listed in the Panasonic's owners manual then the TV will not display your desktop.If you haven't done so already, set your resolution to 1920 x 1080, all my TVs display that just fine over HDMI. Check the TV's manual for the list of acceptable PC...
I don't know the model number as i returned it to Fry's, but i'm almost postive it was an AMD Radeon model and i think it was called Power Color or something like that. I do remember it's DVI spec said "with HDCP" but in the HDMI section it had no mention whatsoever of HDCP, which was confirmed by their tech support guy.I had also tried connecting it to my Toshiba LCD and HP LCD TVs and neither of those TVs displayed my desktop from it's HDMI port, but using the...
There is no such setting/ability to auto-stretch 4:3 content on any Panasonic TV, nor on the SA8300HD DVR. Some Pioneer and Philips (and maybe Sony?) Plasmas had an "Auto-Stretch" feature some years back but Panny never had it.You'll have to manually change the Aspect mode either on the TV or on the DVR. My former SA8300HD remote had a # key that quickly toggled between STRETCH, ZOOM, or NORMAL picture modes. Nothing automatic though.
First off your black text is invisible to those of us who use the AVS Black skin....Is the HDMI output on that Video Card HDCP Compliant? I looked up the specs on that card and it doesn't say if it is or not. The specs are vague and mentions HDCP output, but it doesn't say if that's from HDMI or DVI or whatever.Computer monitors do not require HDCP compliance so they'll always display the signal, but TVs DO require the output device to be HDCP compliant so this may be...
Actually i think the 4K thing has some usefulness when watching regular HD. I recently spent some time watching some HD Sportscenter on a few 55" 4K UHD LCD TVs at a high end A/V store and the image was smoother and more natural looking than it was on the regular 1080p LCD TVs nearby. At 8ft i was able to detect a little SDE on bright content on the 1080i models but nothing at all on the 4K models (i had to get much closer before seeing SDE on the 4Ks). The bigger...
If the TV works properly and the screen is in good physical condition with no burn-in then i think that is a good deal. Would you be able to power it up to check the Hours and run the Screen Wipe to spot any possible burn-in before handing over the cash?
Why you would post a ~$600 TV for sale on Craigslist, then turn down an offer for more than 3 times what the TV originally costs??
Yes. Panasonic made various 37" Pro and Consumer and Hospitality models from around 2003 till 2007.LG and Vizio made 32" Plasmas for a short time.Philips, Magnavox, Sony, HP, Toshiba, Hitachi, Sharp, Sanyo, JVC, Pioneer, Panasonic, Samsung, and LG made various 42" Plasmas over the years.Pioneer made various 43" models, and Samsung still has one 43 incher i believe.