or Connect

Posts by RandyWalters

If that's the best looking TV you ever saw then it must have been displaying some 4K content, in which case i then yes 4K content on a 4K LED TV looks better than anything i've ever seen on any TV. Spectacular actually, even when i'm standing back 12 feet at Magnolia and Video Audio Center.But my big problem with this whole 4K thing is (A.) 99% of us do not have access to any 4K content at home and will only be feeding it regular 720p/1080i/1080p content, and (B.) by...
Well in the eyes of the people that mattered most, the F8500 wasn't the winner. But it doesn't matter this year since it's only equitable competitor no longer exists. I can almost toss a coin in picking between the PQ of the F8500 & VT60 so both are winners in my eyes.I'm more curious how the various "4K" LCDs are going to stack up against the excellent F8500 (or H7000) with 1080p content, and how well the F8500/H7000 will stack up against any OLEDs that may be...
Are you talking about the screen (AKA the Outer Glass)?Or are you talking about the Plasma Panel that's behind the screen?If it's just the outer screen, that's actually quick and easy to replace and might be worth it instead of buying an expensive F8500.But if it's the actual Plasma Panel then yes it would cost over a grand to have it replaced and probably wouldn't be worth it even if the panel is available from Panasonic.
Well when i saw his pics it did give me the impression of damage (as if the TV was pressed hard against something) and not something that should be present on a new TV. I've installed over a dozen Panasonic plasmas not including my own (no VT60s though) and i don't recall seeing such dents on any of em so i would have been a bit alarmed. And i can't remember anyone else posting about having dents in theirs in the past year.It looks like maybe something (like a heat...
Something very strange happened on my 55ST60 yesterday. I was watching a recording of the Nascar Sprint Cup race but i had to go run some errands, so i paused my Tivo during a Kobalt commercial and immediately turned the TV off. A few hours later i came home, turned the TV on and immediately resumed playing the recording and noticed the IR of a big bright KOBALT logo on my screen as the race was playing. Now that logo was only on my screen for less than 1 second...
It sounds minor enough that i'd just keep that TV and hope that logo eventually washes away even if it takes several months.That's still a smokin deal for a 60" ST60 floor model. As for the $699 cap on the warranty, hopefully they'll let you cash that out toward a more expensive TV if the ST60 fails in the future. And since their warranty supposedly covers burn-in, you can always keep that in your back pocket and cash in on the warranty if that Panasonic logo never...
AFAIK nobody makes a 720p native Plasma.
Here's a handy chart that shows the day numbers for 2013:http://www.epochconverter.com/date-and-time/daynumbers-by-year.php?year=2013[/quote]Now if people would start providing the first 4 numbers of their serial numbers along with the panel numbers that would be nice _________________________________________________
Right before i mothballed my 50GT50 my last settings in Custom mode were Contrast at +90 and Brightness at +38. Color was +32 and Tint was +2.
Based on his previous posts it looks like he has an S60 so i just presumed that's the model he's trying to update.