or Connect

Posts by Marc D Carra

I FIXED THE MISSING LINE OF PIXELS!!! I'm so excited right now! I am literally ready to crack open a bottle of champagne This issue was so disheartening since I had enjoyed weeks of trouble-free usage. After trying nearly everything to resolve the issue, something came to me, and I solved the problem in 5 seconds. Go into the main menu screen and do a full reset under the setup tab. Problem solved!! Just remember to write down all of your user settings first , becuase...
Good ideas but I'm not entirely convinced that it's a power related issue. My unit was fine for 2 months, and then out of the blue, the issue just appeared. I've tried different outlets in my house and even picked up a 'monster' power surge protector for $150 today on my way home from work. Problem is still there. I can post videos of the problem if neccesary. It's dead easy to see , just center the onscreen menu , and see how the word "Enter" looks. It is missing part of...
I tried unplugging for an hour tonight but the line of missing pixels is still there. Gonna go to Best Buy tommorow and see what they say. Marc.
I'll try that when I get home. This would explain why the tech can't see the problem after the unit was sent in for repair. Will I lose all my user settings by unplugging for a while? I use a surge protector, but its just a cheap $10 power bar basically. The think is , I've had it plugged in the same bar since day one with no issues and the gap just appeared. I'm in Canada , BTW. Other users with the issue have been in the UK and the US. It's not a moving line. Its a like...
Hey there, thanks for the reply! Yeah, I agree that it seems incredible the tech you spoke with couldn't replicate the problem when you can clearly see it on the onscreen internal menu, without anything else plugged in. I'm going to go back to Best Buy and see if they will do an exchange since it is barely 8 weeks old. I'll buy a 3 yr extended warranty and that might entice the salesperson to bend the rules abit and allow an exchange. Besides, it might come in handy,...
Well after a couple months of flawless performance, The dreaded missing line defect has raised it's ugly head I'm experiencing the same problem that has been reported by several different owners. There's what looks like a missing line of pixels , running vertically down the exact middle of the picture. It's even present on the onscreen display menu, with no source plugged in so it's not a source issue. It's there all the time, or should I say, not there. It's very...
I just watched "African Cats"', the new Disneynature Bluray, and on the HD33, it's stunning to say the least. Best image quality I've seen in my home theater so far! This projector definitely gets better as it breaks in. Marc.
I managed to increase the percieved black level tonight. Or is that decrease? Anyway, the blacks look blacker by using Cinema, and graphic gamma. So much so that I'm able to increase brightness to +7. The image looks substantially better now. I watched Revenge of the Sith on Bluray and became far more immersed in the movie than my theatrical viewing years ago. I guess in the end, this is the true test of any display system. Marc.
I've only got about 15 hours on my HD33 so far but I'm thinking it doesn't have the blacks of the HD22 I had tried out previously. The specs of the HD22 say the contrast is 5000:1 whereas the HD33 is 4000:1 but I was hoping being 2 years newer technology, the difference would be minimal. However, on the material I have viewed thus far, it does seem quite noticeable. Could it be becuase it is brighter? The black letterbox bars on 2:35:1 movies look noticely brighter , more...
Hey guys! Well I decided to take the plunge to the HD33 yesterday. I had been trying out an Optoma HD22 for a few weeks and loved the picture quality but was longing to watch all of these 3D blu-rays I had started to amass. I've been checking Best Buy Canada's website on a daily basis since they are the only authorized reseller in the area. Yesterday they finally showed stock, and at a price lower than I've seen anywhere else. So I ran down and grabbed one right away. I've...