or Connect

Posts by bconde

Quote: Originally posted by Ed Barclay Have you tried moving the image left or right using 'adjust' in the 6000's HDTV menu? This usually cures such complaints about ESPN on Dish. Thanks for the tip, Ed. This fixed the problem. I recall having made a previous adjustment on Sunday (before the problem appeared) because my local Fox digital feed of an SD telecast was off center. I wanted to watch this program without the grey bars because they cut...
Quote: Originally posted by bconde What's with ESPN HD on Dish Network. Since Sunday the picture has been horrible with a dotted pattern on the right side of all edges. E* acknowledges that this is a problem and claims it is caused by the feed they are receiving from ESPN. Supposedly they have contacted ESPN regarding getting the problem fixed. The problem has existed for over 48 hours. Is ESPN that inept, or is E* feeding me a line? I had a thought...
What's with ESPN HD on Dish Network. Since Sunday the pictore has been horrible with a dotted pattern on the right side of all edges. E* acknowledges that this is a problem and claims it is caused by the feed they are receiving from ESPN. Supposedly they have contacted ESPN regarding getting the problem fixed. The problem has existed for over 48 hours. Is ESPN that inept, or is E* feeding me a line?
5.1 Circle Surround??? That seems a little deceptive, especially if mainstream decoders can't decode it as 5.1. My Denon AVR-2802 is receiving a digital signal from the 6000U which it decodes as 2-channel (Dolby Pro Logic II). Live sporting events (e.g. Monday Night Football) from Disney partner ABC are sent OTA in Dolby Digital 5.1, and I'm pretty sure ESPN's Playmakers is DD5.1, also. It'll be interesting to check out tonight's HD telecast of the Buffalo-Miami game.
ESPN-HD is not currently being received in 5.1 sound for the HD telecast of the Miami-Boston College FB game. There was an onscreen announcement that it was 5.1 at the beginning of the game. I am currently getting 5.1 sound for both HDNet channels and Discovery. HBO and Showtime vary, but many are in 5.1 sound. I believe Playmakers (the only other true HD show on ESPN since the E* rollout) was in 5.1. What gives?
The 6000U has a male RGB jack (similar to a PC). The SD output thru S-video is OK, but you get your share of artifacts. The quality of the upconversion will depend on your monitor. I have a Hitachi RPTV that excels with SD sources. However, I haven't ever seen a particular advantage to using it over the HD output of the 6000U. The scaler in the 6000U is not very good, so I use my TV to zoom 4:3 versions of window-boxed movies to 16:9 using the HD output of the...
I signed up around 8:45 AM CDT. I was told the channels would be available at 5:00 PM EDT.