or Connect

Posts by hoopa

get 3 sho-10's.. Keep your current sub.. Sell your jtr's.. Then get a new sub.. Easy peezy lol.. Youll be about 300 over what you were thinking- but youll have good ht sounds and a few bucks in your pocket.. How much you selling your jtr quads for ?
I have heard that about the sierras .. Very nice speakers but at lower volumes some of the detail in mid(voice) is lost.. Have you had a chance to hear the Sho-10s yet? I know there is some being shipped right now-- just wondering if you had gotten to hear them.. From what ive read and heard-- the pro-10 is a bit softer mid(kinda like the sierras)-- so a bit soft for voice projection.. And the sho should address that and be a bit better for HT biased applications(like...
+1 with Brads idea.. I like that look much more..
MJG100... That is what im looking for.. Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking the sho-10's would fit that bill but if there another option i should be look at -- now is the time for me to do it.. as for the jtr's--- everyone seems to feel like those are great speakers----So your not the only one touting their abilities.. I dont think i have the space for them in my room.. They seem to be pretty big and the Mrs would throw a fit if i had those mounted to the wall.....
This is what i did.. I was looking at the SC-37... But instead got the vsx-33 for $750 and will use the pre-outs to my cinenova amp..
Ive looked around but cant really find any info on the sho-10's.. What is the difference between the sho-10 and the pro-10? How does the hsu compair to the sho/pro-10's ? As for the JTR's-- is goon a member here or is that a site i should know about lol.. coytee--- Though ill bet those heresy's sound great-- they are just to big for my application.. its a small room and i wasnt even sure if i could fit towers up front.. Im really more on the bookshelf + sub +center...
Make sure you put the speakers to small.. Then crossover to 80hz will sound better..
OK-- so the consensus is-- Towers can maybe sound a bit better but not much and for a small room with not a lot of room/space -- bookshelf with front ports or sealed--mounted to the walls with a good sub and center would be a better way to go..And still get great sount--- yes? . So with that said.. Any thoughts on a great set of satellites? Sound is most important to me vs looks or price.. But i also do love finding those sweet spot of speakers.. You know the ones where...
sholling--- That all makes sense that the satellites dont go low enough.. But i think i was referring to the wrong type of speaker.. I thought satellites and bookshelf speakers were the same(small speaker +sub).. But It sounds like i was wrong.. With bookshelf speakers being bigger and more what im thinking along.. The Salk's didnt have any info on their TH speakers so ill look a bit more-- but both the hsu(60hz) and the pro-10(72hz) dropped off after the 80hz crossover...
Maybe im referring to the speakers wrong then.. Maybe im thinking more along the line of bookshelf speakers.. something like the pro-10 or the hsu's... I would think of those speakers as bigger then satellites--and more along the way of what i envision.. I cant do stand mounted speakers just for the reason there isnt enough room.. Its a working bedroom.. homank76-=No-- not yet.. Im trying to get my mind around the direction i wan to go before running all over.. Plus...