or Connect

Posts by xrox

In the LG case the yellow (or red/green) emitter is NOT a photo excited phosphor like you see in LEDs/Plasma/Fluourescent light bulbs. They are seperate red and green phosphorescent EL materials (ie - singlet+triplet).
Reading this discussion it seems to me that all of you are understanding the design concept but are explaining it in different ways. The way I understand it from the literature is that LG does not pattern the OLED emissive material (or the injection and transport materials IIRC). They are just large monolayer sheets covering the entire display area (similar to the picture below). The TFTs/andode/cathose/filters are patterned to form pixels.
Very well said. My main gripe with LCD has always been, and will continue to be, the inherent viewing angle-contrast-uniformity dependancy that comes with transmissive displays. I am an obvious fan of PDP science but in reality I am more of a fan of any display that generates light within discrete pixels.However, as far as I can tell the vast majority of consumers really don't feel the same. Viewing angle issues aren't even on their radar. My parents have an LED/LCD...
I just purchased a Boxee Box refurb on the advice that it is still the best at streaming local files from an attached hard drive. Unfortunately it only works for 2 of my 3 needs. Please read what my needs are below and recommend a media streamer if it exists. Or is a PC the only way? 1 – I have a 2TB hard drive with over 1000 short clip family videos of my kids growing up. They are 1080p and in avi (canon S80) and MOV format (Canon T3i). They are organized in event...
Please correct me if I'm wrong here. The 4K or 2K or whatever terminology is now used in the scientific research literature as well. I've always interpreted it as the following: Horizontal K = kilo (1000) 2K = 2000 4K = 4000 8K = 8000 It is meant to describe the general # of pixels in a pixel row. Vertical p = progressive scan (vertical scanning of pixel rows) 720p 1080p 2160p It is meant to describe the number of pixel rows (lines of resolution...etc)
Correct. Sharp took great effort in optimizing the design tradeoffs. Quite interesting and informative. Some issues are inherent.
Sorry, I assumed you meant the technology itself as trivial (little importance or value), not the novelty or implementation.
The topic reminded me of my test with PDPs. Just reminiscing about the results and how it shaped my thoughts. I find people in this argument tend to read and interpret from a defensive position. It is interesting. I also am interested in how many AVSers stick to the assumption that HVS does not vary widely. Not suggesting you do.
True. However, the smaller the zone the less the crosstalk on the diffuser to deal with.
Trivial? “You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means” IMO LED and LCD compensation are not trivial. I started a thread on LD optimization years back. Very interesting stuff. Overcoming crosstalk.....etc