or Connect

Posts by DrewM

Yes I have. Also I had to get an HD comcast Box because they encrypt their HD now. Which stinks because one more box one more remote and one more decoder. I guess I can go with DVI and let my set decode, but I just like the idea that my set was doing all the work through the ANT inputs. It might just be me, but I think it was a better picture before and I think OTA HD is better. But what do I know
As of today in Fresno, CA I no longer Receive INHD's and ESPNHD via QAM tuner in my Toshiba. They all say "channel encrypted".
As of today I no longer get the INHD's or ESPNHD via my QAM tuner in my toshiba set. And all along I've been able only to get 1 of 3 digital/HD local channels via Comcast (they advertise all three on their web site for my location Fresno, CA). That one channel is still available. I did a rescan of my channels before work today, and didn't have time to check each one to see if they moved them. However the locations they were in before now come up with the message...
Hello Mike: Any info on my previous post about low volume on your digital channel, yet volume on commercials is too high. Thanks
Speaking of "wierdly high audio" CBS audio is way low on their digital channel until the commercials come on and then they blast you out of the room. Yet on their analog station the volume is consistent. After switching back and forth between the two it appears that the digital channels commercials are at the same level as the analog, but for some reason on the digital the program source audio is too low.
Right after PBS went Digital I called and asked them about HD time frame. They said it was in their plans but could not say when. I asked if it would happen before the years end, they could not answer. So I don't look for it any time soon
It's odd that Comcast passes through to QAM tuners the INHD's & ESPNHD but not all the locals HD's. Well I guess I can't complain since all I subscribed to was basic analog cable (no converter box) and I am getting these HD channels as a bonus.
Does anyone with Comcast HD package get HD NBC & ABC? I have a set with an intigrated QAM tuner and last year I was able to get these. (I only get cable in the fall for the football season). This year I am only able to get CBS (station 1-2 on Comcast). It's not a big deal because I can use ANT2 OTA to get these two stations other than the pain of switching inputs. FWIW I also get the INHD's & ESPNHD as I did last year.
Does anyone with Comcast HD package get HD NBC & ABC? I have a set with an intigrated QAM tuner and last year I was able to get these. (I only get cable in the fall for the football season). This year I am only able to get CBS (station 1-2 on Comcast). It's not a big deal because I can use ANT2 OTA to get these two stations other than the pain of switching inputs. FWIW I also get the INHD's & ESPNHD as I did last year.
Any word on PBS going HD? I was expecting it to be HD not just digital. The picture is better no longer have the scanning line from left to right as on analog.