or Connect

Posts by DrewM

Interesting it might be my source materal is different than dish. By no meens am I an expert on these things, but something I read talked about 8-bit color vs higher color resolution. What is the bit rate for these displays. Is DTV perhaps using a lower bit transmission.Any of the dark scenes in the boat showed the banding. I would also notice it from time to time on the faces of the actors.I need to watch one of my Batman BR to see what they look like.The A's Yankees...
The scenes in the boat and in the caves. Didn't do it on the bright scenes. The set is set like reccomend by cnet (everything off etc.) I used WOW to set color, contrast etc.I've only watched one bluray (Hunger Games) didn't see the problem and don't notice it on ESPN's college football.
I have a e7000 panel and notice bad color banding on dark scenes. Is this a display problem or a problem with the source material. A DVRd DirecTV of Cowboys vs Aliens? Is there a setting/adjustment to look at to reduce the banding?
Having a RPTV for years this flies in face of what I'm use to setting contrast to (the dreaded burn in). However my new plasma display on its Movie Mode sets the contast by default to 95. I can't really see a difference between 95 and 100 on the test patterns, but set it to 100 based upon seeing what others have set their displays too(and your comment also supports this setting). I've since read a thread about IR problem on a Panasonic display (mine is Samsung) and...
I hoping so, sometimes it wows me when watching some channels on DirecTV (don't have blu-ray hooked up yet due to a broken part on the TV cabinet. I don't want to install the receiver and gear and then take it all apart again to install the part, attached some pictures to show what it was and how it is now) and other times I'm not anymore impressed than I was with my old RPTV (may it RIP). I see noise (color banding ?) in backgrounds it was real noticeable on the infield...
Thanks,was able to play with it last night and went down 1 on color and up 1 on tint. I'll see how that compares to my Disney WOW, when I get some time this weekend.
How do you get into the blue mode only? Just got the set last night and didn't see anything in the manual that describes a single color mode.
I am soon to be an official owner of the PN60E7000 as it is on the truck for delivery today. One thing that I’ve observed reading post after post after post, there isn’t a display specific post containing FAQ, caveat’s, suggested setup options to turn off/ leave on or what is happening to the display when for instance you select Black Tone off/on and why it is the prefered option. Any takers out there for doing something like this? The reason I thought about this is...
Not sure if this is going to be the right spot but here it goes. The Sumsung and the Panasonic both have multiple HDMI inputs. How are you using them? Isn't the ARC one enough if you are using an amp with audio/video pass through even when the amp is off? I ask becasue I'm getting ready to run the cables in the wall and plan on having two HDMI cables but am considering is there a reason to run a third. I'm installing the second as only a spare as far as I know. FWIW...