or Connect

Posts by Bigus

You mixed up your quotes. I didn't say that. Not that I don't agree.
He spends a fortune on cabinet resonances only to let driver resonances ring through, frequency response is "suboptimal", horizontal dispersion isn't controlled, power response thus imbalanced, vertical dispersion is atrocious because he insists on physically separating drivers in separate enclosures...
No, unless it is happens to be a really crappy receiver. At $500 its probably adequate for many/most speakers made unless they are terribly inefficient and/or present really demanding impedance loads. Think about upgrading the receiver if/when you find it lacks features,.surround processing modes,.connectivity, etc you need or want, or if you fall in love with one of those aforementioned difficult speakers. I wouldn't bat an eye if you told me you bought $10k speakers to...
He is world renowned for making expensive, ugly, overhyped speakers. I think he intentionally makes them ugly as hell so people like you will think there must be something really special about them. That ugly but that expensive... must be function over form... must sound superb! He breaks a few rules I find important in speaker design and wouldn't own a pair at any price. Nor do I give his ramblings about the Neutral Zone any more credence than I do those of Capt Picard.
Obviously Colm its because your ears aren't good enough. Or your equipment. Or both.
What you are looking for is an airtight vessel with one of three things connected to it to manipulate pressure: 1. A large piston or movable septum that can be manipulated to alter the internal volume of the vessel sufficiently. Since it is a contained airtight space, reducing the volume drives pressure up, increasing volume lowers pressure. While a speaker driver(s) could theoretically be used as a piston driven with variable direct current to control the diaphragm/cone...
I suppose I'm going to have to obey your prediction and just "not get it." i.e., in a thread where I've been called all sorts of things including a bigot, with insults flying and irrational emotional responses rampant, you think I (and an unnamed group of others) are zealots for the way in which we try to explain how science predicts, explains, and agrees with our perceptions.There are many definitions of zealot. One is simply a supporter or believer. Well, I believe in...
From a post I made two weeks ago?? OK.So I'm a zealot, hypocrite, and a bigot. You agree with the content but not the delivery. Since I've said similar of forum members like localhost and dragonfyr, and offered examples with suggestions on how to garner more attention and interest in the message, perhaps you could do the same?
Certainly possible. One obvious route is a PC (computer) connected to your stereo. There are many options and hardware choices depending on whether you'd prefer to simply connect an existing computer you use, or buy/build a dedicated machine and if so what other tasks might you want it to handle (serving video as well as music, pictures, other household desktop computing tasks, central household file server...?). There are also many software options from free to not...
Since this thread is a joke anyway, why not...I find that religion has plenty of room for questions, doubt, and uncertainty. To deny that is to ignore what it is to be human, and that is not the intent, focus, or result of religions I am personally familiar with. Religion however is varied, and I'm sure some fit that description.