or Connect

Posts by slykens

There is a "known" problem with ABC that was really bad early in the fall. Now it is just a short breakup here and there that is bearable to me, anyway. I don't think I've seen any kind of regular problem with NBC. I regularly watch the L&O shows and can't recall any time recently when I've even seen a breakup. That is not to say that there isn't a problem but I haven't seen it on NBC.
While I am one of the toughest on our local stations for not coming up to speed and it is frustrating that WWCP isn't passing HD to their transmitter they are managed by the same company that operates WATM who made the extra effort to get HD out before the Superbowl last year. While WWCP got HD onto ABB just in time for the Superbowl in 2005 I think they will make the effort to get it on before the next Superbowl. I'd personally prefer it for 24 at this point but in time...
I'm watching WTAJ-DT and for probably better than 99% of the show I have not heard the double audio but I think the center channel is mixed about 4-6 dB too low. I have been getting the buzzsaw every now and then and the occasional breakup. I also noticed that it dropped back to Pro Logic for a minute then went back to Dolby Digital. Since I do not have a QAM tuner connected to my big TV I haven't looked at WYOU at all but I'm glad it is still there and running...
Ok, I wanted to be sure it wasn't me. I know I'm off by about 5 degrees on my antenna but I think I'll lock it in anyway because it is only going to get colder and windier over the next few days and I'd like to be warm and watching HD.
Hey guys: Are any of you seeing momentary loss of signal while watching WTAJ at the moment? I have the 85 Bears America's Game on and I'm looking at the signal meter and I'm seeing a complete drop out every couple of minutes. If I need to jump on the roof today I'd like to get it done so I don't have to put on the arctic gear tomorrow. EDIT: Now at 2:24p I have good RF but no stream.
That's pretty much sums it up. You'd need luck to get WTAJ-DT and probably a huge antenna to get WHP-DT. The only way to know is to try. It is sunny out today and not bitterly cold yet, it may be worth the try.
That's probably a code word for, "We don't feel like giving up any of our hard earned massive rate increase and so we're just going to pretend it is too hard to do quickly." What should be embarrassing to Comcast is that D&E had it at launch. Here's a cable company that operates a pretty small system that had it, why didn't they? And yes, we know it is likely as much Nexstar's fault as it is Comcast's but that isn't what the public will perceive as there was no mention of...
It looks like it is in HD now. Perhaps there was a crawler and it didn't get put back to HD. I'm going to guess this is Comcast's way of delivering the Superbowl in HD to people who have some idea what they're doing, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, say no more!
I received email this morning from Phil Dubrow, Station Manager and Director of Sales for WTAJ. The email was a reply to the email I had originally sent to Kathy Smith a few weeks ago to confirm their HD plans. I exchanged email with Mr. Dubrow and have learned that he does not expect Comcast to have WTAJ in HD before Sunday as details still need to be worked out. He also stated that Kathy Smith no longer works for WTAJ. So, for all of you folks waiting for WTAJ...
Shhhh... Don't let them think about subchannels. I did talk to Kathy Smith about that one time, asking about if they had thought about adding UPN as a subchannel and she basically said that it would be somewhat pointless as the cost to add UPN would be nearly equivalent to building a complete second station. What would make some sense is for WHVL to find themselves an affiliation other than Joe's Backyard TV Network and move up from LP TV to full Class A station. I guess...