or Connect

Posts by M Code

I thought Phil is locked up...Just my $0.05... πŸ‘πŸ˜‰
Incorrect...Software has varying costs...Initial development, maintenence and updates for forward compatibility...Keep in mind that an entry-level AV buyer has limited knowledge and his 1st concerns are..a. How much power output wattsb. How many HDMI inputsc. Does it handle 3D or 4Kd. Does it have iPod/iPhone capabiitye. Does it have USB & networkf. What type of remote controlBottom line...Onkyo lost big $ over the last (3) years, thats why they sold 55% of their USA...
Development cost is significant...Writing code, debugging and validation, plus time. Note that I was the program manager for a major audio brand that developed its own room EQ software and its cost was about $485K...Its cost was amortized into (2) brands and over a family of products..Note that each DSP supplier such as ADI, Cirrus Logic, TI have their own library of royalty-free post-processing modes including room EQ, virtualizers, MP3 restore, headphone surround, bass...
The new AVRs use a Cirrus Logic DSP, and they can use their proprietary, royalty-free Rooom EQ system..No-brainer, save the expensive Audyssey royalty...Just my $0.05.... πŸ‘πŸ˜‰
Nope... Gone. 😑Vanished after the California AVR team was terminated and the AVR product development function exported to China...Was a great feature & info tool..a. Showed speaker sizeb. Showed # of speakersc. Showed # of channels in the encoded native streamJust my $0.05... πŸ‘πŸ˜‰
Lets clarify the above.. 1. 3-D Video PerformanceIf one is running the 3-D video directly to the HD display then the AVR has no interaction with the 3-D video2. 3-D Audio PerformanceIf one is decoding the HD audio within the Blu-ray player (DTS Master Audio or Dolby Digital + or Dolby Tru Audio) outputting 5.1/7.1 analog audio > the AVR through multi-channel line inputs, then the AVR is simply a 5.1 or 7.1 amplifier..Just my $0.05... πŸ‘πŸ˜‰
Incorrect...The FM tuner circuit within present day AVRs delivers worst RF performance compared to previous tuners. Today an integrated circuit handles the majority of tuner functions that includes a digital synthesizer front end for tuning and presets, unfortunately its actual performance for sensitivity and selectivity is not very good. The audio brands can get away with this marginal performance as the tuner specs ranks low on the consumer's preferences, plus 80% of...
No..The 645 was designed almost 4 years before the release of the HDMI 1.4 3-D standards..Just my $0.05... πŸ‘πŸ˜‰
What is the speaker impedance setting for the Yamaha AVR..?? It should be set to 8 Ohms for best performance. Just my $0.05.... πŸ‘πŸ˜‰
Depends upon the input level of the source and the sensitivity spec of your loudspeakers... It seems normal, it won't start getting loud until -45dB.. Just my $0.05.... πŸ‘πŸ˜‰