or Connect

Posts by DavidEC

?: You should let us know what you were using for a UHF Antenna.A: 19+ Year (installed summer of 1995) Old 'Radio Shack' VHF/UHF antenna... over all length is over 6' and use to allow me to pull in my local PBS station when they were still VHF... it was the largest/strongest sold at the time and cost close to $100.00!: SWR problem?: What would this be ?!: ".... END of the Coax. Moisture in the Balun and/or downlead Coax ...."A: All cables/balun's were replaced about...
I currently have a good outdoor antenna that picks up most stations with ease.. except for the local "LP-DT-UHF" stations. I have read on "WEB" about making a 'signal tuned' antenna. But none of the posting / blogs / how to's; explain how to combine the antenna output to a single coaxial cable. In my market area (zip code 67216) I get a 75%+ signal on the major stations which I receive except: KPTS-LD 8.1 PBS; RF Channel: 17 KGPT-DT 26.1 IND, RF Channel: 24 KCTU-LD 43.1...
I have been looking for a local UHF antenna installer? Can you suggest one? Per my signal meter on my TV I am only getting a 45% signal using my 20 year old VHF/UHF Radio Shack Antenna at where I live (near the Starlite Drive In) which means I do not receive a strong enough signal to view local "Low Power Digital" programming ( I need a 50% or greater to lock in a signal.) Also due to where I live I will need an antenna that has 'split bays' as most of the "LPD" stations...
I don't know where else to post.. so if in the wrong area please move.. About 19 months ago I purchased a pair of "Samsung" SSG-3500CR / SSG-3700 USB rechargeable active shutter glasses... and now the battery will no longer hold a charge for about three hours.. long enough to watch one movie.. use to be I could watch a 3D movie every day for a week with out a charge ...Now "Samsung" customer support tells me that they do not offer any repair service (aka: replace) the...
I don't have time to go through all 60+ Warner disc's in my collection. Are there any discs that do not show the "ROT"/bad pressing effects? Should I just worry about the box sets, if they are only going to exchange 5 discs (In hopes that box sets are counted as one!) And is it mainly the Warner disc's or should I also be looking at other releasing companies disc's While many of my disc's were purchased at discount.. is could be as little as $600.00 worth of product to...
Many reviewers are making statements like this one from 'Digital Bits; Bill Hunt;".. Never mind that half of the impact of the cliffhanger came from the fact that you had to wait a whole summer to find out what happened next – something that’s naturally diminished by a movie edit.." I feel that to give the impact of the moment that CBS/Parmount should of used the old movie trick of an "Intermission Break" which used the "Trek" theme music playing and with the on screen...
I have been following this thread.. should I be worried about my disc or is this just happening to a limited number of disc's Were the owners of the disc's that have gone bad stored in a temperature controlled setting, or did they suffer wide/sudden temperature changes? (Yes mine might of gone through a temperature changes when my air conditioner went out last year but it was a slow warming then cooling change when repaired..) :David
TigerDirect: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Blu-ray :$4.97 +S/H The image on the web page shows 3D. The Mfg Part No: 043396355781 : when searched for via "GOOGLE" comes up as the 3D Search for the same part number at TigerDirect pulls up two items the one for $4.97 and one for $31.99 The part number matches the UPC as listed at AMAZON and else where. Someone in another forum stated they ordered it '11/23/12' and already received it states that the disc only has "Sony...
I don't fully understand how this item will work.. but anything that will make my TV image better then I am in this contest!
I have to state the sound editing on my system was "FLAT" with little dynamic range, no stereo separation, or use of the 5.1 setup, when a space ship going flying through a 'cloud' there is no right to left effect ... 'OR' they used a bad master to press the BluRay.. which has been known to happen in the past with movies releases. Now on the animation / motion capture over all was above average my only grip here is... for a bunch of 'working grunts' the skin was too...