or Connect

Posts by Geezer

My apologies, the disc had a sound option (DTS/Stereo) I didn't see as I didn't have the TV on. It works fine now in auto setting. FYI, all DVD-Audio discs have a standard DVD track for compatibility at a lower bit rate. I also played my pink floyd SACD & it worked also. Thanks for your reply.
After watching numerous BR discs I decided to try some other formats I have in my collection. I just put on a DVD audio disc (DTS 5.1) but all I get is 2 channel. I tried selecting the other sound options via the front panel (03) but nothing changed it from 2 channel. My player is a Sony 550 & all my connections are HDMI, no other cables. I'm thinking maybe I should run a Toslink cable to the DVD input & use that for these special discs but not sure the Sony will output...
The Pioneer offers many options to adjust the sound compared to the BR player. Read the manual & you will see you know the answer to your question
Do you have an older XBox 360? Mine has HDMI out & works flawlessly with my 03.
Lakers won, bulb lost.
My 65835 is past the break in phase. I plan to have it calibrated by a pro. I have read about the short lifespan of these bulbs, especially in a hot environment such as mine. What happens to the settings after I replace the bulb? Will my DLP retain the accuracy I paid for? I know it's a little premature to worry about this but I'm the type that needs to know.
My 835 is past the break in phase. I plan to have it calibrated by a pro. I have read about the short lifespan of these bulbs, especially in a hot environment such as mine. What happens to the settings after I replace the bulb? Will my DLP retain the accuracy I paid for? I know it's a little premature to worry about this but I'm the type that needs to know.
I noticed a slight sound delay while watching the NBA playoffs. It is even noticeable during the commercials. The mouths don't match the sound. I remember a setting addressing this but can't find it in the manual. I did also buy a new TV so the setting may be there. Can anyone save me a lot of time so I don't miss much of tonight's game? I'm using all HDMI to AVR then out to DLP.
All my connections are HDMI. My normal movie listening level is between 15-20. Does that seem high for this powerful AVR? My older Sony never had the volume rolled that much from TV levels.
The TV gets the sync from a PBS station. If you don't use the tuner you have no choice but to use manual. My cable box displays the time so I don't rely on the TV.