or Connect

Posts by alejim

As a Dish customer with no access to HDNET, I was wondering if anybody had any updates on the local NBC (OWNED AND OPERATED BY NBC!!!!!!) Finally making their HD signal available? I believe that they still have not got anything being Jay Leno in HD, but it looks like they are planning quite a HD fiesta for the Winter Olympics!!! I don't get to read this forum very often, so I am sorry if this subject has been covered recently. Nonethless, if anybody has any input, I...
Can anybody in South Florida tell me if they are watching as bad a picture as I am? The bottom of the screen where there is text is almost off the screen, the picture is terrible, it is out of sync, IT IS TERRIBLE!!!!! It is me? Or did the local Fox screw up??????
Can anybody in South Florida post with their opinion of the broadcast so far? For me, it is unwatchable. I've switched back to the standard broadcast!! The info scrolling along the bottom is almost off the screen, the picture stinks. Is it me, or is this the best Fox could do?!?!?!?!
Please forgive me if this topic has been covered before, and also, please know in advance that I am not a "pro", but a reasonably knowledgeable novice! I am led to believe that progressive scan DVD players cannot match the quality of what an independent line doubler can offer. This seems like a reasonably logical statement. My question is whether this is "remarkably noticeable", or only to those with the eyes of a hawk! In other words, should I go out and spend $2k for a...
Hi again folks! Does anybody have any experience with Avex Home Theater in Pompano Beach? It seems that they are best suited to the client who is not particularly up on the technology, yet wants to have a decent set up. They claim that their specialty is their custom speaker construction and cabinetry. They want you to buy their hardware recommendations, which basically consist of Pioneer Elite and Mitsubishi products. Looking for any posts from "experts" who might...
Hi folks. I am hoping that someone can contact me that builds racks for AV equipment, or can recommend an existing item that can be purchased in a store or on the net. I own a Mitsubishi 65" widescreen TV, and I have the following components: 1 Amplifier 2 DVD Players (one is rigged to play all regions) 2 VHS VCR's (again, one is a multi standard player) 1 8MM VCR (I hate using the camera as a playback unit!) 1 Dish 6000 receiver I am planning to add a Tivo or other...
Regarding US open broadcast - During the Williams sisters match, it seems as if the signal was switching back and forth. Anybody else notice that? Also, last night and even now as I watch the Mens final, while the picture is pretty spectacular, I notice a slight bit of "flutter" (can't think of a better word!) at the lines deliniating the court. Is this common on HD signals, a result of a weak signal ( I am registering around 85%!) or some other "problem"? Thanks in...
Regarding US open broadcast - During the Williams sisters match, it seems as if the signal was switching back and forth. Anybody else notice that? Also, last night and even now as I watch the Mens final, while the picture is pretty spectacular, I notice a slight bit of "flutter" (can't think of a better word!) at the lines deliniating the court. Is this common on HD signals, a result of a weak signal ( I am registering around 85%!) or some other "problem"? Thanks in...
Hi Folks. I am not so great in techno speak as most of you seem to be, so please excuse me! I am HD capable through Dish Network and I was recently picking up PBS on channel 18. Yesterday, it was coming in on my 2-1 channel. I see that some of you mentioned "re-mapping". Should I leave it "as is", or try to re set it to 18? I was getting a beautiful picture and a meter reading of over 91%!! On Saturday night, there was some program shot direct to HD and it featured...
HidefDave, I am new to this forum, but I have learned alot from the postings!!!! What is HDCP?! Thanks! Alex