or Connect

Posts by Kidd Digital

It's not a matted screen, it's a trim kit. The original reflective screen shield is removable, you can do this by inserting a credit card, or something similar into the area where the gloss black ends, and the plastic on the side begins. As you pull it away, there will be rubber seals that pop out, and once you have them pulled out it should become pretty clear how it all works. You then replace the screen shield with the gloss black frame, and voila, you have a matte...
You'll probably notice a loss of detail with the plasma, but the DVD quality will likely be improved to the point that it will compensate for the loss. That Panasonic panel does a damn good job with HD, and an even better job with DVD.
I have owned tube (RCA MM36100) I have owned CRT (Mits WT-46805) I have owned LCD (Toshiba 26HL83) I have owned Plasma (Hitachi 42HDT20) I have owned CRT again (Mits WS-65613) I have owned DLP RP (Mits WD-52725) I have owned DLP FP (Infocus SP5700) Needless to say, I have some experience with different TV technologies, and know my own likes, and dislikes. From what I have gathered over the past 6-7 years of owning HDTV's, CRT is, in my opinion the clear cut...
If you want to go WAAAAAAAAAY back into LCoS days, I was a trainer for Thomson Multimedia when they were developing the L50000 LCoS set, and we referred to it as an "L-C-O-S". I now find myself calling it El-Koss more and more, since the general public seems to like that better than El Sea Oh Ess, but I don't call DLP "dilp" and I don't call LCD "lissid".
Quote: In my own experience B&W's don't sound their best with tubes. Comments like this are exactly why I asked this question here. I knew that I loved the sound of the B&W's on tubes, however, I had a feeling they weren't really a good match for each other (from the little bit of reading I have done) I would prefer to run without a sub, but I'm certainly not opposed to having one, if there is a need for it. If I do bookshelves, I imagine I will...
the 57's are still a 2 piece cabinet, to the best of my knowledge. Don't believe the 51's are.
I have an incredible opportunity to purchase a pair of Cary CAD 805 monoblock tube amps, for a ridiculously low price (owner has no idea what they are, they belonged to his uncle) and I know just enough about audio to be dangerous. I know I've heard Cary tubes before, and have been very impressed with the sound, and I'm beginning to get heavily into 2ch music, so this seemed like a very worthwhile investment, but I wanted to run these by you guys, and see what you...
I just acquired a pair of Cary CAD 805 tube amplifiers, and quite honestly, don't know enough of the technicalities of audio to understand what I now own. I am under the impression that these are very nice amplifiers, and I'm rather excited about it. My first time hearing Cary Tubes was in a high end audio store, who used a Cary integrated amplifier on a pair of low end B&W CDM600S3's ($398pr USD) with a Sunfire True Sub Jr. and quite honestly, I was blown away by the...
Also, for a good deal, look to the Sharp Aquos LC30HV4U. Some dealers still have these in stock, from last year, and are discounting them significantly. Might help to bridge the gap between prices.
I see the 32HL84 all day, and quite honestly, it can't really compete with the JVC 26", or the Sharp Aquos 32". It is a nice TV, there is no question, but for the money invested, I would do it right, and buy an Aquos, or I would downgrade the size, and get the JVC. That JVC is a bad little sucker, for sure. I never got a chance to see a 26HL83, I owned one, for all of 10 minutes, (freebie) but I quickly sold it, and bought a 65" Gold+ Mitsubishi with the proceeds.